Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Schools?
Thread: Schools?
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2004, 08:16 PM   Officer #16
DragonRat
Officer

I was enrolled in a private school (Lutheran, actually) from kindergarten to 8th grade, so for a good 9 years, I had a pretty good education. Unfortunately, private schools - especially parochial types - do not teach their students about the so-called 'real world'. That's where high school came in, where I had for four years an interesting experience, to say the least. Ups and downs, and stuff like that. Then I went to college, where it is a bit more anonymous, and now I am currently waiting to learn my dorming assignment to Berkeley.

I think, in a way, the early years of your academic development have no bearing on how one grows up. Sure, they teach you ethical and moral values in the early days, if you're in a parochial school, but in the end, where you go for high school and college is probably most important - the latter utterly being where all your beliefs and ideas either build a stronger foundation, or falter to a crumbling end. And I've gone to public high schools and colleges, so, if you wish to learn more about the real world and its goings-on, go to a public institution. Private schools teach you plenty more academically, but for me, I'd rather learn about how to survive in this world rather than learn about it.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote