Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - The Random Picture Thread
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2006, 07:47 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #260
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Felt same way Stevo. The ground looked gorgeous, I'd seen it on Member's Day on Thursday but I knew the real test would come when it was packed with fans. The red, white and orange was a sight, and for a testimonial the noise was immense. When Vieira came out the stands were shuddering with the singing. It'll be excellent once we get competitive games in there and once it starts feeling like home. It still feels like an away ground but it will do for a few games.

The game was a bit poor first half, excellent second half, and it was so good to see Marco Van Basten and Johann Cruyff on the pitch. I never thought I'd be able to say I saw Marco Van Basten play. When he had that chance to score with the volley I half wanted it to go in. And then when the lads lifted Dennis up at the end. I'm not ashamed to admit I was close to tears several times at seeing the Iceman go, but I've got my Dennis Bergkamp scarf hanging on my bed as a reminder of the great man. And of course my kickarse t-shirt.

Having been there before I knew it was expensive to buy food and opted to buy a burger pre-match for £2.70 (was something like £4 in the ground, wasn't it?). Soft drinks and beer were reasonable though, so I expect my usual matchday routine will be burger down near The Gunners and walk past Highbury on the way to the ground. Even when they convert it the facias will still be up so it'll be great to walk past it.

Heh, stuff on my cat. Saw that over on Arseblog. The Snakes On a Plane one was the best. And in honour of yesterday (I didn't take it, I found it):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copyofdsc1357ob1.jpg (56.0 KB, 103 views)
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote