Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Euro 2004
Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2004, 11:10 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I think Latvia may well surprise Holland tomorrow...they deserved to beat the Germans, and even to get a draw out of the Czechs...that earns them a lot of credit for their first ever major tournament for me.

As for Portugal...we should knock them out in the next round...they have so many fewer goal threats than England...Deco was anonymous against Spain, Figo was poor, Ronaldo was average and Nuno Gomes' goal was flukey...Spain deserved to beat them and England will, especially as we were easily better than France.

Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes all have goals...and our two best players Beckham and Owen have yet to score...their time HAS to come, and when it does we'll have a front 6 with goals in it, compared to the Portuguese team which doesn't have one player with more than one goal. We're the top scorers in the tournament, and have a defence that should cope with Portugal's one man up front tactic well.

Plus we owe Phil Scolari revenge for knocking us out of the World Cup with Brazil.

We should then probably face the Swedes next, which'd be our hardest game as they're a bogey side for us, but we owe them revenge for earlier this year and it will come. Sven's due a win over his home country.

The French in the final, hopefully, with the chance for revenge. They certainly should despatch the Greeks even if they play poorly, and if they play like they CAN, they should even beat the Czechs. I'd like to have the chance to prove we ARE better than them by beating them in the final.

Best young talent in Europe...what more do we need? 4 goals already and I see Rooney finishing as the youngest ever golden boot winner. Scholes will now start to get the goals he used to and has been getting for United, Lampard is a constant goal threat and will get more, Gerrard is lethal and Becks and Owen will get their chance.

Mark my words...England...European Champions 2004. Then to march on to Germany and take back the World Cup 40 years after beating the Germans in England in 66...be ironic to beat them in their own back yard 40 years later I think.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote