Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - All Right, Gamers....
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #34
Richard
Dated

Even though I have a limited and rather low knowledge of video games (on any system); I still consider myself a gamer. The latest system I've bought is the GameCube, in which I only own ONE game. I remember being amazed at how well the graphics were when I played Mario Kart: Double Dash at my local K-Mart. And I bought the system for that reason alone. I still haven't purchased RE4 yet, Jake. I'm sorry.

My gaming experience usually involves my (S)NES, N64, and PSOne consoles. The most embarrassing problem for me, I suppose, is that I avoid difficult games. Seriously. Whenever I see trailers, or video reviews for games, I immediately become discouraged if they look anything even remotely like Halo. I've played Halo once, on X-Box--didn't like it. First of all, I couldn't figure out how to play the game, or what I was suppose to do. I couldn't walk straight, very difficult to even move (it took me almost an hour before I gave up), and the remotes are most uncomfortable. But in all fairness, I'm pretty sure it just takes a little getting use to.

I guess you can say I'm old-fashioned. Pfft. On PS1, I enjoy the Resident Evil series VERY much, and I'm still addicted to those kind of games: Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Crash Bandicoot, and to a much lesser degree: Spyro, Broken Sword, Mission Impossible...I think you're getting the picture. On N64, (who else thinks N64's controllers are the most comfortable of them all, or is it just me?) Yes, like Jake said, Super Mario 64 is a must, Goldeneye, of course, a little 1080, Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox 64, and Mario Kart 64 is practically essential.

I really can't see myself buying any of the latest game consoles; at least not until I see a decent game that can really strike a cord with me. But even that isn't such a good idea, and I'm trying to get out of the habit of doing something as precarious as that. I do, however, have every intention of continuing my GameCube experience--with the likes of RE(4).

I've bored you, haven't I?