Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2006, 12:17 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #85
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

So it sounds like you've researched both sides, FF. So if you have, and this is the interpretation that you choose to take from that, then fine. You worry about it. I think it's a waste of time and energy though, and I don't think you're in the majority. The loudest maybe (which can sometimes seem like the majority), but not the majority. People always need something to be worried about. The Cold War. Y2K. 6-6-06. Bird flu (finally something actually tangible!) When something is no longer able to be feared, something else will always come around.

If you want to believe everything you hear about global warming, then fine. But these scientists on both sides can do nothing more but speculate. No one knows what is going to happen. No one knows what is likely to happen. All you can do is continue to ask questions, and there can be a question asked for everything that's brought up, whether pro or con.

I live in a 900 square foot apartment. My dad drives a 1988 Honda. I walk to work. We don't have an air conditioner. Do you think these scientists who are paid thousands, sometimes millions, a year to conduct studies so that they can be published live like I do? I bet not. They preach, but can't practice.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote