Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #95
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Wel dave, i assume you don't face problems like cancers, asthma,... in your family. I suppose you live with eye covers and don't care about things like deforestation, desertification, all round pollution etc. and the chance that all this may influences our climate with far-reaching consequences. I hope you live long and happy in that small world of yours called 'home'.
Thank You, I suspect that I will. Also, I am extremely happy that some of these fake 'Scientists' have found other people to lie about. Living and working around Los Alamos New Mexico, I've had to put up with fake 'Scientists' and their 'directed research results.' for the last 30 years. True Scientists do not do their research with a foregone conclusion in mind when they start. (It's bad for their reputation when the results don't match the goal they set for themselves, bad for their blood pressure also.) Note that results not matching projections is a major problem for Climatologists. They have managed to sufficiently obfuscate the issue that people actually believe that modeling the atmosphere is not possible. When their long range projections don't match the models they lie about it instead of adding in a "global warming" factor, rerunning the computations and "proving" their hypothesis, (as close as they can to proof, anyway.)

But No! Adding a 'global warming factor' is not possible for them, as they don't really understand the problem or any possible solution. So they wave their hands in the air crying 'Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...'
Quote:
Oh and believe me i do find it important.
Good, then go on about solving the problem. It is obviously not something I can deal with, and since I already saved the world back in 1988, (Kearsarge and CORRTEX [where I worked] ) I'll applaud your efforts, but will stand down this time and let you do it.
Quote:
I'm disgusted by the fact <skip typical liberal balderdash>

I'm disgusted because of the fact that Greenpeace has to <skip>
You don't want to know about the conversations I had with the founder of Greenpeace when I was working across the street from his boat back in 1979.
Quote:
I'm disgusted to see that every year 20 000 km² of forest is cut down for monoculture soya in Brasilia and still 5 million people became unemployed the last five years in the agriculture sector.
I question your figures, but no matter what the truth is I also believe this is a bad thing. But I seriously question your '5 million people' figure.
Quote:
I'm disgusted to see how western countries buy tons of cobalt for cheap prices knowing that the money is used for an rebellion war in Rwanda and Congo.
References please?
Quote:
I'm disgusted to see how China buys as much wood as possible legal or illegal cut, to foresee the demand of it industries that make wood products for the world market.
Nothing above a good economy, isnt it?…
I believe we send most of our scrap wood to Japan where they salvage it and turn it into plywood and sell it back to us. You find something wrong with that? Pray tell, what is wrong with that? Would you rather see it go up the chimney as Presto-logs?
Quote:
It may be your truth but time will tell, it’s funny as I just saw this documentary from the bbc. Climate chaos: Bush's climate of fear
Relevance? The BBC is definitely not a Scientific Outlet. While I do believe that some of their news is better than US-Media, I don't believe their Scientific Staff deserves the same respect as their News Staff. (My response may be a little bit confusing because your translation doesn't make much sense. I don't believe you said what you meant to say, and I'm sorry I can't guess closer than this as to what you meant to say.)
Quote:
A pity you don't take the effort to think about a good reason why we should not take the uncertainty “global warming is caused by human activity” for an certainty. As I can think of a dozen reasons why we should. I suppose the eye covers are to blame for.
I reiterate my response. (Basically I distrust your sources, so I am not wont to become involved.) Another reference which purports to dispute the 'Global Warming Theory' in 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave
Oh! Is that all you want? OK. The answer is that YOU should. It seems to have captured YOUR imagination and interest. It gives YOU meaning. So YOU should take this seriously, unless you are meant to do something more important with your life...

As for me, I don't believe the particular 'Scientists' who seem to be manipulating the facts so as to make themselves more important than they are entitled to be.

Occam's Razor, The simplest explanation for a situation is almost always the truth. The simplest explanation here is that these "Scientists" are misrepresenting the results of their process.
Wikipedia Scientific opinion on climate change

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote