Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What is truly SEXY?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #66
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
I think it's pretty meaningless to discuss what truly defines sexiness. It's like the blind men and the elephant: you're all poking and feeling certain aspects of the great beast, but you're going nowhere with the totality of its definition.

If one were to use the equation as such (since it's useless to state that any one of those traits would synecdochically be "sexy"):

sexiness = attractiveness + intelligence + compatibility
sexiness = attractiveness + intelligence + compatibility + propinquity (Unless in "Fantasy Mode" where it is OK to say that someone not in the same room is "Sexy".)

Quote:
Then here one must believe that, if both attractiveness and intelligence are subjective qualities to the observer, then so must sexiness. There can be no true objectivity to sexiness, since, as the cliche goes, it's in the eye of the beholder.
OK, I have a problem with "third party" statements. I find that by NOT attributing statements people have a tendency to think that their "pronouncements" gain "weight" in the argument. Since you can only speak from your viewpoint, do so. Don't speak for me. What you just said would then become:

You must believe that since I am the only person who can judge attractiveness and intelligence then I also must be the only person who can judge "Sexiness". There can not be a general quality of "Sexiness" because I am the only one who can judge whether something is sexy.

Clearly your argument is flawed. Both Attractiveness and Intelligence are not subjective qualities. (i.e. You are not the judge, I am not the judge, We might be if we can agree...)

Since your very first premise is wrong, everything which you posited as following from that premise is nonsense. You are not the judge of what is "Sexy". "Sexy is real, and outside you." You learn what is Sexy, probably from your peer group. You learn it from sources outside yourself. "Nurture, not Nature".

Back in 1954 "Elvis" was Sexy, in the seventies Gene Simmons of "Kiss" was. So, "Sexy" is a moving concept, a group concensus related to When and Where you are.

Quote:
(And Kate Hudson? She's a product of damn good genes, rather than high IQ.)
Goldie used her intelligence to choose the father. Goldie used her intelligence to raise Kate Hudson to be the woman she is. . To say that Kate is merely the product of good genes isn't enough to get past my contention that Kate is whom she is because she is a product of Goldie's "intelligent design." (pun intended.)

Quote:
Sexy is as sexy does, no?
sexiness = attractiveness + intelligence + compatibility + propinquity + actions (Unless in "Fantasy Mode" where it is OK to say that someone not in the same room is "Sexy".)

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

Last edited by dave; 07-01-2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Comparing Elvis And Kiss
dave is offline   Reply With Quote