Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What is truly SEXY?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #63
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
I think some people are thinking too hard.
<snip>In my opinion however, they should spend far less time blowing their own trumpets and instead doing something useful with their god given talents, say, cure cancer, eliminate HIV, send men to mars, etc. Make mensa an organisation for doing something productive and useful? Could it be? I'd bet that far fewer people would join.
Why do you have this opinion? Perhaps ten minutes wasted reading Mensa's Home Page would help, or if you learned that Isaac Asimov used to be one of the poster children for Mensa.

I'm curious about something that you imply. I don't actually believe that a person with a high IQ should be locked into some sort of public service job, (just because some test somewhere said he was smarter... [one of the things about Mensans that most people don't know is that a huge proportion of Mensans are in prison, or driving a truck.]) So, if Mensans should be doing "Public Service" stuff, What should "Sexy People" be doing? Running Strip Clubs?

Quote:
Actresses can be sexy on screen, as they are acting the role to be so. <snip> Characters in books can be sexy as they are written to be so.
If an actress "can be sexy on screen", or an author can write a sexy character in a book, it should be possible for that actress or author (or even you) to describe the "rules of Sexuality" which make that performance or character "Sexy", n'est pas?

So, one more time. What is "Sexy".

Quote:
Oh, I almost had a brain hemorrhage trying to read though all the speech marks.
Try reading them aloud. I was taught that punctuation is to aid in the reader's understanding what I meant them to hear. As though I spoke the words to them in a conversation. And yes, I have been accused of "making up" my own punctuation.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote