Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Spread the word - spread firefox
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #22
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foeni
Hasn't there already been a thread about Mozilla Firefox? Still.. I use IE, because I can't get flash working when I use Firefox. <snip> I guess it has something to do with me using Windows ME
Flash works fine on my machine. Of course I am running Windows XP-Pro, and the newest version of Mozilla Firefox.
1) There is a special version of Flash that you must load for Firefox.
2) There is an extension which stops Flash from running and you have to "mouse over" the Flash graphic and "click it" to permit that obnoxious Flash ad to run... I, of course have that extension installed.
3) There are several other extensions which deal with "Flash" which I've tried, but I prefer the one I have now.
4) ME contains most of the NT-4.0 code, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foeni
The Netscape Navigator was after a hard struggle beaten by IE. This is some years ago, I don't remember how it is..
This was actually the JAVA wars I spoke about. Microconglomerate tried to add some new JAVA commands to the language which Netscape (being "Open Source" and Sun Microsystems JAVA Standard language compliant) couldn't process. Sun took Microsoft to court and "made them 'stop that'." A Standard should be "Standard". (James Gosling, who invented NeWS and JAVA for Sun Microsystems [and put JAVA into the "public domain"] is a member of my Balloon Crew, but that's another story for another time.)

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

Last edited by dave; 25-12-2005 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Another Quote from Foeni needs to be addressed
dave is offline   Reply With Quote