Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Articles Archive
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:27 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #252
Digital_Ice

a bit more in these articles

Quote:
Keira to Bend again?

BEND It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha is making a sequel to the 2003 movie which launched Keira Knightley into the limelight.

Sexy Keira, 20, is reportedly going to return alongside co-star Parminder Nagra in the film which will follow the two characters' footballing careers from where Bend It Like Beckham left off.

Speaking at the after-party of the TCM Classic Shorts Awards, Gurinder said: "I am making a sequel to Bend it Like Beckham. But I see it more as a continuation of the characters than an actual sequel.

"The first film was based on me when I was growing up, whereas this next one is going to be about my life afterwards.

"I'm busy with another project at the moment, but after that I'm really looking forward to getting started on it."

Filming is due to start next year.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...520038,00.html

Quote:
It's soccer Tuesday: Bend it Like Beckham 2 in the works

The woman behind Bend It Like Beckham, writer/director Guinder Chadha, is currently writing a sequel to the movie that unleashed Keira Knightley on the world. According to Chadha, episode two will be loosely based on her own life, as was Beckham (Wow, really? I had no idea.). She sees it, however, as "a continuation of the characters [rather] than an actual sequel," which I guess means that it might even not have anything to do with soccer. Dammit.

At the end of the first film, the two characters were on their way to California - heaven knows what American craziness they could get up to in part two. Also, gentlemen, since the screenplay is still being written, the involvement of Knightley and co-star Parminder Nagra has yet to be discussed.
http://www.cinematical.com/2005/11/0...-in-the-works/

Quote:
Director Gurinder Chadha announced on Wednesday she is writing a sequel to Bend It Like Beckham. Speaking at the after-party of the TCM Classic Shorts Awards she said: "I am making a sequel to Bend it Like Beckham. But I see it more as a continuation of the characters than an actual sequel. The first film was based on me when I was growing up, whereas this next one is going to be about my life afterwards. I'm busy with another project at the moment, but after that I'm really looking forward to getting started on it."

So, while it's quite possible that Parminder Nagra will be back as Jess, it doesn't necessarily follow that Keira will be back as Jules. But the companies funding the movie may well have other ideas, given Keira's current 'bankability'. It's difficult to remember - especially for the press - that it was Parminder's movie as Jess Bhamra: her story, her conflicts and her struggles to overcome prejudice. However, the fact remains that it was Keira's presence in Pirates which kept BILB afloat in the US box office for twice its expected duration. Buena Vista capitalised on Keira's sudden popularity by rescreening it at 1,000 theatres in the last week of July 2003 while Pirates was at No.1. BILB had a production budget of just $6.5m yet went on to take in more than $76m worldwide. Would you like to see a Bend It Like Beckham 2 ?
http://keiraweb.com/ - heh, stole it from paul!