Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 04:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #244
Richard
Dated

Over the past two weeks I've seen...

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid with Steve Martin, Fritz Lang's M with Peter Lorre, Killer McCoy with Mickey Rooney, Midnight Lace with Doris Day, It Came From Beneath The Sea with Robert Gordon, The Exorcist III with George C. Scott, and a whole string of Alfred Hitchcock's movies starting with Juno And The Paycock, The Skin Game, Sabotage, Topaz, and Young And Innocent.

And through Netflix I watched...

Paris When It Sizzles with William Holden and Audrey Hepburn, All Quiet On The Western Front with Lew Ayres, and Robin And Marian with Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn.

I've seen too many to comment on them individually, but I will say that Alfred Hitchcock's Juno And The Paycock and The Skin Game are quite possibly the worst films I've ever seen by him. Topaz was interesting but I didn't really care too much for it. Sabotage and Young And Innocent were decent. I like the latter better.

I thought Audrey Hepburn was pretty good in Paris When It Sizzles alongside William Holden, but her next movie co-starring Sean Connery in Robin And Marian didn't really fulfill my expectations. I like Connery, but the movie stunk. It was boring.

I thought All Quiet On The Western Front was good, and taking into account when the film was made, I also thought it must've been a pretty big deal. The impact was probably similar to that of Birth of a Nation. I don't want to be crucified for saying this film is a little outdated. I thought it was.