Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2005, 05:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #211
Richard
Dated

The past two weeks I watched I Never Sang For My Father with Gene Hackman, Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter with Herman's Hermits, The Country Girl with Grace Kelly, Swing Time with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Waterloo Bridge with Viven Leigh, The Incredible Shrinking Man with Jack Arnold, Tom Thumb with Russ Tamblyn, Tom, Dick, And Harry with Ginger Rogers and a young Burgess Meredith, and Young Tom Edison with Mickey Rooney.

I need a job.

Kung Fu Hustle (2004) It is hilariously absurd. And funny too. I had a great time.

The Amityville Horror (2005) It occured to me about half way into this picture that this remake makes the mediocre original seem like a masterpiece. It was that bad. First off, the whole "child ghost thing" needs to go... fast. It's overused and frankly not scary at all. The entire movie is practically filled with bad clich├ęs, one after another, like probably most of the other horrible "horror" films that has come out this past year. Usually when I watch a remake I often make comparisons with the original. There were many that were different and also many that were the same, but done worse. They clearly went for the modernistic approach to everything in this film. It doesn't even look like it takes place in the 70s... it said one year later, did it not? Oh, and not once do we hear that creepy music the original had. I was looking forward to it. I was disappointed.

The entire film as a whole just doesn't work, however, it does have its moments. During the ending, Kathy and George with the kids all escape on the speedboat with us looking at the town across the bay. It was nice sense of relief... yeah, relieved that the film was over! Oh shit, I can't seem to remember the rest.

Last edited by Richard; 21-10-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote