Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Articles Archive
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 03:35 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #233
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Jamie reveals the pain of Keira split
Ulster model speaks exclusively to Tele

By Maureen Coleman

07 October 2005
The Ulster-born former boyfriend of leading actress Keira Knightley has spoken for the first time about the breakdown of their two-year relationship.

In an exclusive interview with the Belfast Telegraph, Jamie Dornan (23), from Holywood in Co Down, said the split earlier this summer had been "very hard" on both of them but that they remained "the best of friends".

And he did not rule out the possibility of a reconciliation with the star of Pride and Prejudice in the future.

Jamie, a model, musician and actor, first fell for the stunning actress when they met during a photo-shoot in August 2003.

The pair enjoyed a high-profile relationship and were often photographed together at glitzy movie premieres and awards ceremonies.

Keira (21) also spent time at Jamie's family home in Holywood.

But the romance broke down this summer, prompting media speculation as to who ended it and if a third person was involved.

Keira was later linked with Bodyrockers musician Kaz James - but she denied even knowing him.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Jamie said he still cared for Keira and was in constant contact with her.

"When a two-year relationship breaks down it's hard for both parties and it certainly wasn't easy for us," he said.

"But Keira is still completely my best friend in the world and I have so much respect for her.

"It would be a cop out to say it was all down to our work schedules. Yes, there was an element of that, but there had to be other things too.

"Who knows what will happen in the future? We still talk to each other all the time. I have absolutely no idea what the future holds, anything could happen, but I'm still only 23.

"When the story broke about Kaz James I was very angry. Keira hadn't even met him let alone gone out with him, yet he was claiming to be involved with her.

"Supposedly, he'd been saying the same thing about Kate Moss the week before."

Since the break-up, Jamie's been concentrating on his musical career and has released a download single, Fairytale, with his close friend, David Alexander, who hails from Belfast.

The boys perform under the name Sons of Jim and have already supported KT Tunstall on tour.

Jamie said: "The song's lyrics of Fairytale are quite heart-felt but I don't really feel any sadder singing them now than I did before.

"I guess some feelings might creep in at some stage, but not just right now.

"Myself and Dave wrote the song together when we were both about 18 and it was one of the first songs Keira heard us play.

"She's been very supportive of my music and has come to our gigs many times."

As well as playing in a band, Jamie has also recently signed a three-year modelling contract with Christian Dior.

And an acting career beckons for the handsome young star, who landed a debut role in a new movie, Marie Antoinette, this year.

The movie, starring Kirsten Dunst, is due for release in 2006.

Jamie said: "I'm really busy at the moment with everything, but music is where I really want to make it.

"If we sell 20 million albums then great, but we're not doing it for the money. We just really enjoy making music and performing.

"Acting was fun and I'd love to do another film, we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

And has he seen Keira in Pride and Prejudice yet?

"I've seen it about five times," he laughed.

Sons of Jim will be performing Fairytale on the Kelly Show on UTV tonight
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/li...p?story=664252