Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Patriotism. Second try.
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 05:53 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob The BLack Douglas
Oh and Keither Sutherland is a cousin
It's Kiefer mate. Don't go mis-spelling it on any wedding invites

Quote:
So what are your loyalties? Family? Nation of birth? Friends?
Close family before country. Country before friends. Friends before distant family. Distant family before schmucks like you (just kidding!)

I think split loyalty is totally possible. I would kill a friend IF it was in my nation's best interests (not just because the government told me to, however). If I knew my best friend, for example, was a terrorist, and I knew for a fact that he was planning an attack, because he'd talked to me about it, and if reporting him to the police wasn't an option, if I absolutely had to kill him, I would, and my only regret would be the taking of a human life, not the fact he was my friend.

My family, however, that's a different story. Every social and religious edict throughout time has pretty much agreed on one point of consensus; honour and respect your parents. A younger sibling is almost like a ward in my custody, someone who it is my duty to protect, again, by social edict, so it's easy to put family first. Plus I love them to bits and they've always been there for me, whereas friends come and go.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote