Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Charade Movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn... I really don't think should have to say anything else about this movie, but with some real younguns on this board I guess I will. It's a great movie. Kept me entertained on a lonely Saturday night.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Do whatever you need to to get this movie. It's without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite films of all time. I've seen it 5000 times and it still never gets dull or boring for me. Lord... I love this movie.
Charade is my fifth favorite Cary Grant film, and my fourth favorite Audrey Hepburn film. It is a great movie.

Man... I should really watch Eternal Sunshine again. It seems everyone likes this movie.

Invisible Stripes (1939) A Bogart film. A nice one too. His TCM tribute is starting off well.

Edward, My Son (1949) What was most interesting about this picture is that the title role of Edward is a character we never see. But he's constantly mentioned through-out the film and gradually get's older by a sequence of birthday cakes that would appear every so often on screen; Happy 12, 17, 19, 21... birthday. Most of film's story evolves itself around the boy's father played by Spencer Tracy as he begins to have an affair with another woman and is ultimately faced with a divorce from his wife. I thought this was pretty good movie.

Eye Of The Devil (1967) This movie is so bizarre, it's also confusing. I hate that I didn't like this movie as much as I should, because it looks like a film I'm suppose to like... make sense? I think it was suppose to be a thriller, but it's story is lackluster to the point that anyone will give up and stop caring. Although, I thought the directing was nice and, in my opinion, Sharon Tate's first starring role is hardly a breakout performance. It's like a cross between "Rosemary's Baby" and "The Wicker Man". At one point when I was watching the film, I thought of those two movies. Skip this picture, you can do better.