Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Post your random photographic genius
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:07 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #228
acliff
llama llama duck

80-200mm f2.8? You lucky bastard. A very useful set of lenses that you have there, quite similar to what I'm looking for sometime in the future.

I have a first gen. Pentax MX, an oh so lovely machine. Been all over the world with my father, survived 2 years of libyan desert etc. After a recent maintenance job (to replace degraded foam light blocks/seals and to get a new focussing screen where I had, like a fucktard tried to clean it with acetate 'doh!) Got a pentax P30n also, like the automatic mode, but its way too plasticy for my liking. The viewfinder isn't as indulgent as the MX however. (it would be the same as your ME i'd say)

I've got pentax SMC 50mm 1.4, 2.0, SMC 28mm 2.8, 135mm 2.8. I like primes.
However when I get a new DSLR, I'll be hoping to get 70/80 -200mm 2.8, an 18-70mm 2.8, and a selection of manual primes. It would be nice to retain the use of my pentax 28mm and my 50mm because the build quality and image quality is totally sweet.

Oh, and the manual focusing action on the pentax manual lenses is totally sexual. <exit photo gadget geek>

EDIT: OK, photo equipment discussion over to the photo equipment geekout thread I think. I don't deal in off topic hypocrisy. Well, unless it leads to better things.