Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 10:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #78
Richard
Dated

Obviously I didn't watch all these movies today. Everything I've seen this week, actually.

Young Man With A Horn (1950) Very good. Kirk Douglas plays a man with a passion for the trumpet. I could've swore I had more things to say about this film. Co-stars Lauren Bacall.

The Oklahoma Kid (1939) One of my favorite westerns. James Cagney plays a man who casts revenge on those who hanged his father. Really quick movie. Short too. It also bares some similarity to the conclusion of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. Co-stars Humphrey Bogart.

All The President's Men (1977) Here's the deal. Anyone who paid attention to anything at all relating to the Watergate Scandal during their history classes in high school should at least remember the few basic facts. Which is all I knew. Anyone who previously read books regarding Watergate should've been able to follow this movie quite easy, which doesn't mean I didn't. This film put me right smack down into the start of it all, and it never slowed down, not even when I hoped it would. I had no idea who this Howard Hunt was, and half of the other dozen people mentioned in this movie. Many names, many dates, and "committee this, committee that". But after many moments of confusion (and many rewinding), I finally got the jest of it all. It's a great movie, in my opinion, and it kept me informed. Co-stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford.

The Trojan Women (1971) Horrible. But I say that because I wasn't at all familiar with the play or it's history. I doubt anyone who has zero knowledge of it's setting or story will be able to understand the words that come out of these women's mouths. They sound magnificent, but I have no idea what the hell they're saying. It probably is a good movie. Co-stars Katharine Hepburn and Vanessa Redgrave.

The Village (2004) I liked it. Yep, that's right I did! It's a great film to look at too, and it's story is decent. The twist (as so many people hated) was a nice touch, in my opinion. No complaints. Co-stars Bryce Howard and Joaquin Phoenix.

Ladder 49 (2004) Good. It has some pretty intense fire situations. Co-stars John Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix.