Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - What movie have you seen today?
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2005, 04:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
Richard
Dated

I loved Sideways. That bit with Jack and Miles coming up with the plan to explain how Jack got his nose broken... the car completely misses the tree and drives off into a ditch. That was good humor, and the movie is full of them.

The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) What a odd little movie. This is one of Roman Polanski's early films and one of many in which he also starred in. It has the unbalanced mixture of both horror and comedy---however, it's more of a comedy than anything else. I suppose it was never the director's intent to make it a serious film. Thank God for that. I couldn't find a single scene in this movie that was even remotely close to horrific, but the actors in this movie along with their comedic timing gives this flick the label of a comic treasure. Co-stars Jack MacGowran and Sharon Tate.

None But The Lonely Heart (1944) This is a pretty dull movie. I love Cary Grant, but there were too many weak moments in the script and just weren't good enough for my liking. Co-stars Ethel Barrymore.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) Without a doubt, one of the best sci-fi films of the 1950s. Along with "The Thing From Another World", it's a must see from the genre. Co-stars Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal.