Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed...
Thread: Disappointed...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 AM   Officer #12
EmotionSickness
Cutie

As much as I hate to say it, I have to concur: I was pretty disappointed. Not for the same reasons as other people (I could care less about bloodier violence or raunchier sex scenes). I just went in expecting a much better film. Why? I don't know. I tend to think highly of British people (heh heh).

Not to say that it was a bad film at all. It was highly enjoyable, but, like someone else said, I did find myself almost nodding off at certain parts. It just didn't grab me and hold me like, say, Pirates of the Caribbean did (if I'm going to compare it to something). The acting was pretty solid throughout, but it lacked a strong leading character like Johnny's Jack Sparrow, I think. I thought Clive Owen did a great job; a very good (and handsome!) Arthur and Keira was all kinds of lovely. She brought a real charm to the role, I thought.

One thing I HAVE to say that really, really bugged me was the Saxon leader's accent. Sounds like one of my neighbors, for cryin' out loud. The visuals of the film were very beautiful, but at the same time, they began to grate on me and make me physically tired (it probably didn't help that I was running on only 6 hours of sleep ... but, still....).

Overall, I think I'd give it a 2.5 out of 4. Not a bad film, but certainly not a great film. Although it may not be very fair for me to say this ... I liked Pirates much, much more.