Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2005, 12:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #63
hannahjane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
i think i have a new crush,...,want to mary me?

Actually they found a trick for that. If a country sees that they are not going to make it (the 30% for example) than they can buy "clean air" in Russia.
Something what always annoys me is that, countries spend billions of dollars on prestige projects, knowing that they could spend that money on reducing the price of solar cells.
Because now the billing price of solar sells is expensive.
I also annoy my self to the fact that the Belgium state could reduce the energy costs of the public buildings with 30% if they would make those buildings more energy durable.
It annoys me that the world spends billions of dollars on space projects while the half of the world doesn’t even have decent drinking water!
(Ah well maybe capitalism isn’t as pretty like most people think it is)
We spend billions of dollars to fly to the moon, but we can’t make the emission of harmful gasses drop, why? The replacing technologies already exist, money should also not be a problem, if we can fly to the moon,...
The world raised and will disappear again too, humans won’t be able to stay on earth.
But is that a reason to say, “what do I care, it will pass my time”
That’s like saying “I wont be careful with my new car, he will be broke in 10 years anyway”
Apparently people have it a lot easier to care about their own car, than caring about the world they live on.
If the marriage proposal is referring to meh, (to which I certainly hope it is, else this is really beyond wanting to crawl into the earth embarrassing), then I will certainly consider it.

Especially on the grounds that you can argue a serious point, very well. I agree with all you say. I guess it boils down to greed really. Or over exuberent ambition - to want to fly to the moon rather than feed people or whatever. I agree that the logic in that is a bit f*cked.

Anyway to get back on topic, I'm really interested in what you said about buying clean air space from Russia. Could you eloborate on that in any way? I'm in love with Russia (as of reading Boris Pasternak's "Doctor Zhivago", a few years back now), and, I dunno I'm interested in this "clean air" theory. I mean, they're a huge country, but I'd guess they're not too polluting because they're nowhere near developed enough?! I'm not sure on their pollution status.
hannahjane is offline   Reply With Quote