Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt?
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #55
SimplyKnightley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
What i am arguing for is that children raised by homosexual parents will be more open-minded and socially tolerant.
Because they get confronted with something most children out hetro families don’t get confronted with. Even worse a lot of parents are intolerant to wraths them, are against gay people, gay marriage, gay parents adoption…
Its just a fact that children with homosexual parents are more openminded more tolerant because they know it, they are used to it, they don’t have difficulties with it because it’s a normal thing.
i understand what u're trying to say but it's still a hypothesis which is based on assumptions. sociological implications of a new policy call for long-term, intensive qualitative researches and there is no shortcut about it using so-called logical thinking, e.g. because Parent A is a nice person, Kid A will be raised to be a nice person. It's not so clear-cut like that. if every phenomenon follows logical thinking, the world would be black and white. in reality, it is grey with many different shades. if social outcome can be so easily deduced, then sociologists will be out of job. if you say that "children raised by homosexual parents will be more open-minded and socially tolerant", do u mean that only children raised by homosexual parents can become more open-minded and socially-tolerant? if you do not mean that, then you have lost your case simply because you can't deny the fact that heterosexual parents do raise very open-minded and socially tolerant children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Now abuse of children; first of all raising kids by homosexual is NOT being physically and/or mentally terrorized.
The problem children and situations you refer to are so complex that you cant use them in this argue.
But if you want to argue about that too...be my guest
yes i shall argue not for the mere sake of it but because you have misunderstood my point. i did not say that being raised by homosexual parents is physically and/or mentally terrorizing. i have already explained that "abused kids" is a separate example i used not in direct relation to the topic in question. no wonder u find it complex. i almost got confused by your confusion :P