Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 10:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
But would that suggest that a man and woman being infertile is nature's way of preventing them from having children? The truth is, most children who are adopted are adopted by people that, for some reason or another, can't conceive children on their own. If your argument is that nature has determined their biology to be such that they can't conceive, that would imply that the only people fit to adopt children are those who can conceive.

You also can't say for sure whether a child being raised by two parents of the same gender would have negative consequences. There's no proof that it would start a "vicious, unhealthy cycle." As I said before, children raised by one parent tend to manage fine on their own with regard to gender influences.
I agree. My friends who are gay would make better parents than a hell of a lot of straight couples I know. As I said before and will say again, I think they teach more tolerance than a straight couple, there's nothing wrong with tolerance.
If biology was God's way of picking out who has kids that would mean that nearlyevery woman with endometriosis wouldn't be allowed to have children. I'm not sure, but I don't know if it's common for a couple who has the ability to have children to adopt more.... it just doesn't seem like common practice.
And for the post a while ago that talked about homosexuality being abnormal, it's not really a choice. I talked about that with a friend of mine a while ago and he responded with "Do you think I would choose to get yelled at, called names, and beat up?"
That was really jumbled. Sorry.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote