Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Euro 2004
Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 10:43 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #153
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
I doubt he'll be given as much freedom as Zizou, simply because Zizou plays behind the strikers in both Real and the French team, while Ronaldo plays on the right of midfield, in both United and the Portuguese squad.

On another note, I wonder if this topic can be converted to general football discussion. As Euro 2004 is over, the upcoming preseason is in full swing, and transfer rumors abound like mad cows on the British countryside (bad joke). It's a funny thing, what with all the rumors of transfers going to United and Chelsea, with Arsenal quietly going about their business. Wenger's up to something, as Haz and I have pretty much surmised, and one can only guess if (and when) Wenger will pull the money out of his purse strings and get a big-name player. Most of the teams' preseasons start in a few weeks, so I think we'll be able to see some names pop up, not just the usuals.
Looks like Trabelsi is weighing up an offer from us (which I think he'd be wise to accept...why choose Newcastle over us?) and I've heard rumours of a 26 million pound deal going through...just not sure who...I suspect Morientes myself...

As for being given the freedom...Zidane ACTUALLY plays on the left for both France and Real...he just cuts in like Pires...if Ronaldo was played on the left (and he has been played there) he'd have the freedom...question of if his coaches actually KNOW where his best position is. I think Fergie doesn't have a clue (he didn't realise Becks was always a better central midfielder than right sided one) but it seems Queroz is savvy...so we'll see
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote