Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Grr...
Thread: Grr...
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #20
IBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieHoops
No, it wasn't.

It was about how ALL men are pieces of shit who never do what they say. And it drives me bonkers.

Not ALL men are pieces of shit!

I think Jacoby has the right idea. Look for men with qualities that you wouldn't usually go for, you might discover something about yourself.

Why Men Lie

Now folks, someone finally has come up with the reason why men are so misunderstood. Let the girls know. They'll understand, honest.

One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above a river, his ax fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?"

The woodcutter replied that his ax had fallen into the water.

The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden ax. "Is this your ax?" the Lord asked.

The woodcutter replied, "No."

The Lord again went down and came up with a silver ax. "Is this your ax?" the Lord asked.

Again, the woodcutter replied, "No."

The Lord went down again and came up with an iron ax. "Is this your ax?" the Lord asked.

The woodcutter replied, "Yes."

The Lord was pleased with the man's honesty and gave him all three axes to keep, and the woodcutter went home happy.

One day while he was walking with his wife along the riverbank, the woodcutter's wife fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked him, "Why are you crying?"

"Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!"

The Lord went down into the water and came up with Jennifer Lopez. "Is this your wife?" the Lord asked.

"Yes," cried the woodcutter.

The Lord was furious. "You cheat! That is an untruth!"

The woodcutter replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I said 'no' to Jennifer Lopez, You would come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Then if I also said 'no' to her, You would thirdly come up with my wife, and I would say 'yes,' and then all three would be given to me. But Lord, I am a poor man and I would not be able to take care of all three wives, so that's why I said yes this time."

The moral of the story: Whenever a man lies, it is for an honorable and useful reason. :icon_wink
________
LovelyWendie99
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote