Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Euro 2004
Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 01:21 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #151
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
I feel stupid replying to this topic now, simply because it's devolved into some Cristiano Ronaldo lovefest. First off, he's not the best player in the world. That honor would probably go to Zidane or Henry or Ronaldinho or the other Ronaldo (you know, the one from Brazil). Secondly, almost every soccer player has to be fit (except the ones that don't play); probably the only player that never really looked fit, but excelled regardless, was Diego Maradona. The guy was pudgy and stout, but he outran the entire England team in the '86 World Cup. (Must I bring back bad memories? Yes, merely to prove a point.)

The guy has a long ways to go, before he can really be good. He has real pace and lightning-quick feet, but that still doesn't account for much. Perhaps he may one day be his generation's Luis Figo, but until then, he can cry all he wants. I guess we all cry for different reasons... so close, yet so far.
Not even sure he actually has much pace...couldn't outpace Ashley Cole now, could he? Or Seitaridis. He's more reliant on his quick feet...and as yet he's simply not lethal enough...the best defenders will still shut him out. Quick feet but he needs to learn how to utilise them to do things OTHER than step overs...he did a lovely little turn in the FA Cup final like Zidane does so often and I thought "If he can do that more regularly, and plays with freedom like Zidane...he'll be lethal". His movement's still not good enough off the ball for me.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote