Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Social welfare
Thread: Social welfare
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 09:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #6
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
<ahem> Contrary to what your ego may tell you, this thread was not a slight at you. If I wanted to take a pot shot at you, I'd do it openly, it's not like I haven't already. Kindly don't drag our argument into yet ANOTHER thread, but of course I'll be the one accused of doing that by everyone

This is an issue I have strong views on and wanted to discuss. I've stated my views and I'm also a little too inebriated to actually wish to add more to my earlier comments, for now, I just wanted to clarify that this was actually an issue that I felt hadn't been discussed and could be, and one I actually care about enough to WANT to discuss.
This has nothing to do with my ego, obviously I DO have strong feelings about this topic, so why don't you stay on topic in your own thread? Set an example for once perhaps.

One of the problems with welfare is that they have to dumb it down. Its not designed to be understood only by rocket scientists. On the whole intelligent people are the ones avoiding welfare. Unless they think they're really smart, and abuse the system.
I pay tax gladly when I work, because even though people do take advantage of it (single slutty 17 year old mothers with 5 children, for example. Liam edit: By 5 different fathers, no less.) I see that at least a percentage of the money is going to people who need it. Otherwise I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Last edited by Liam; 11-12-2004 at 11:02 PM.
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote