Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Lucky little teenager!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 07:01 PM   #27
Fox

Quote:
Originally posted Hazzle:
Talk about stating the obvious.
How to win friends and influence people: Be an obnoxious, egotistical smart ass like Hazzle! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
Quote:
Originally posted by Mags:
Can I just ask why, if you think this is such a terrible thing, that you entitled this thread "Lucky Little Teenager?"
Uh... I lifted the title off of a PBS story.

This 23-year-old teacher must have missed class on the day they covered things like this. I believe conduct of this type was probably covered in her employee's manual for her school district as well. This woman has no business being in a classroom ever again except at the "cross bar hotel" teaching other inmates mathematics as a part of her sentence. The teacher will end up doing time in Florida, and the Governor is the President's brother, and Jeb has Presidential aspirations of his own, and so does his son, George Prescott Bush!

I thought I'd throw this in on here.

The age of legal consent in Florida is 18 for all individuals age 24 or over. For those aged 23 and under, the legal age of consent is 16. The young woman here has been charged with an offense lesser than that commonly known as "statutory rape" as her age of 23 also comes into play.

This Florida statute shows that starting with the age of 24 greater offenses and harsher penalties kick in with regards to offenses committed against people under the legal age of consent

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.--

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

So, because of her age as well, she will not be subject to the stricter penalities. She was charged with a lesser offense known as "lewd and lascivious battery and exhibition."

http://www.ageofconsent.com/florida.htm