Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Music tastes
Thread: Music tastes
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2004, 12:05 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #10
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I like Southern Rock (Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd and CDB) but I hate Molly Hatchet. I liked Nirvana and the Screaming Trees, but I never really like Alice In Chains (no offense). I love rap from the mid to late '80s and early '90s, but I hate pretty much everything being produced currently. I will stop what I am doing to listen to Frank Sinatra, Nat Cole or Ray Charles.
Hank Williams (no...not "are you ready for some football...his daddy) and Johnny Cash have the same effect as the aforementioned. I love good 'ol, spit in your eye country music.
I love Cream, but I'm not an Eric Clapton fan.
The Beatles, The Who and The Rolling Stones are the greatest bands of all time. Led Zeppelin is the greatest cover band of all time.
I love Chuck Berry, even if he plays basically the same guitar riff in all of his songs, and despite the fact that he is a freak with a capital "F".
Jerry Lee Lewis is my favorite pi-ano player.
Current (as in still getting airplay on the "new rock" station) faves include: Weezer, Cake, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, The Hives, The White Stripes, Jet, The Beastie Boys and probably a lot of others that I am forgetting.
BTW, I would love to see Jacoby's favorite list. I have bought two CDs on his indirect recommendation.
And Sarah, I listen to classical music when I'm driving over long distances. It helps to keep me from killing other motorists.