Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Poll:About men and me
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #58
NearokA

I just don't understand women at all. I mean, don't you want a well groomed guy? In all seriousness, I don't see why lotion and lipgloss and long hair and wearing nice clothes is considered "gay." Beautiful lips and beautiful skin is beautiful period, be it on a man or a woman. In my book, you aren't "gay" unless you've admitted to having anal sex with another man. To me, it doesn't matter how you dress or how you think, it's what you do. Judge a person by his actions.

I would be freaked if I started wearing women's underwear, yes, I agree to that. But that's not "gay," that's just on the verge of trans-sexualism.

I mean, am I obessive for brushing my teeth 4 times a day? Maybe, but I'm sure you'd thank the heavens for my bright white teeth. Am I "gay" for getting my hair decently styled at salon? If you want to call me that, go ahead, it doesn't bother me any more. But I'm sure if you met me in person, your hands would be the first to sift my soft hair and your eyes would stare and sheer wonderment at how beautifully cut my hair is.

Out of talking to all my married friends, I have gathered this simple truth. The only to survive 50+ years of marriage is to be "best friends." I assure you, there is no other way. If you marry for looks, in 5-10 years, you'll be sorely disappointed. People get lazy. If you marry for money, well, you're not marrying because you love the person, you love his money. If you marry a person for his personality, you've been delusional. Personality changes! Why people think this is the best of qualities, I have no idea. Personality is more fickle than a ripped body.

Only the love of friends can last all the hardships of life. The love of lovers fails horribly; I think we've all experienced heartbreak in some form. And if you have sex with this friend and see him exclusively, well I don't see anything wrong with that. And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, just get another friend and try again. People take love and all that way too seriously. If you just lightened up, you'd see how less stressful and less complicated love is and start to see the simple elegance of it.

I just want to understand women is all. If you like shopping, then I want to know why and experience it. If you like sad movies, then show me how to get emotional too. If you like plants and flowers, tell me why. I don't color my views with machoness like some guys on these forums. I'm very open about everything. All I want to do is pursue truth, but it seems from the lack of meaningful replies, women just don't seem to care enough. Understandable, I expected this. Just as there is a machoness to guys, there is also a feminism to girls. And we all can agree that machoness and feminism fucks up everybody's lives more than it needs to. But if you're okay with that, I guess I'm okay with that too.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def