Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Bloom
Thread: Orlando Bloom
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2004, 04:31 PM   #43
Valerie
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateMoose
I don't think Orlando can act that well, poor bloke. In LOTR his only facial expression was a look of concern, and (did anyone else notice) every line he said was stating the obvious...for example...

"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" - where else would they go?
"You look terrible" (to Aragorn) - we can see that, he's just been down a cliff
"A diversion" - when Aragorn had basically fully discribed what a 'diversion' is
"This forest is old" - big trees = old wood, weeny tress = young wood, therefore, we know!
"The Ring must be destroyed" - um...duh!
"We must go. We cannot linger" - When in potential mortal danger....yes, that would be a good idea...
"The horses are restless...and the men are quiet." - I'm sure Eomer has eyes and ears and can see/hear for himself, lol.

Has anyone seen Ned Kelly?! Its not all that good, though I think it might be if you know the story to start with. Orlando's accent is bad (he has an Irish accent) and he moves after he dies, haha! And in Troy he was totally eclipsed by Eric and Sean who were brilliant!

Haha, I just had to laugh at your explainations on the side there chocolatemoose.

But am going to disagree on the Ned Kelly thing, I think Orlando was really good in that. And his accent was not bad to say the least. He perfected it well. To me Ned Kelly was the best role he has ever performed in.

Other then that, I do believe he needs more experience. I cringed at times at his acting in POTC. And yes he does seem to only have one facial expression....but in time as he is only has a few movies under his belt so far he will get there....eventually.
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote