Keira Knightley.com Forums - View Single Post - a relationship arguement......
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2004, 04:48 PM   Officer #4
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Hmm. Freud would have a field day with this.

But, seriously. No one can ever love you as much as your mother? I simply don't feel that that statement rings true. As I see it, your spouse is obligated to (and usually does) love you just as much, if not more, than your parents have/do. I mean, think about it. A grown man, married, with children, dies suddenly. Sure his parents are going to be horribly shaken by this, but don't you think it's reasonable for his wife, the person he shares his adult life with, to be all the more saddened and upset? To me, it's more tragic for someone to lose a wife or a husband than for a mother to lose her grown child. I know the example I'm using is kind of far-fetched, but I'm just trying to prove a point (and probably not very well).

Bottom line, your friend's being ridiculous. He sounds like a young guy, though (is he?). His opinion on this matter will most likely change once he meets that special girl that he wants to spend the rest of his life with.