Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Team America World Police (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978)

CFC 16-10-2004 03:23 AM

Team America World Police

I saw it this afternoon. It has been the funniest movie of 2004 so far. The guys did a really good job. The make fun of Americans really well, but they bash actors the most.

Oh man so many great lines.

frodo1511 16-10-2004 03:39 AM

Yeah, I'm going to see it tommorow, looks f'ing hilarious. CFC: is it true, in the puppet sex scene, that the guy dosen't have any, excuse me, gonads? If so, that's one of the funniest things I've heard of this year.

CFC 16-10-2004 03:41 AM

It is true.

frodo1511 16-10-2004 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFC
It is true.

*laugh's ass off*

Jasper 16-10-2004 04:35 AM

Word on the skreet is that they had to dim down the sex scene so that they wouldn't have an NC17 rating.

NinjaTurtleRocky 16-10-2004 04:42 AM

i just saw it 10 minutes ago! it was so good, finally a movie that i didn't demand my 8 bucks back.

CFC 16-10-2004 11:46 AM

The songs are awesome also.

America! Fuck Yeah!

frodo1511 16-10-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
Word on the skreet is that they had to dim down the sex scene so that they wouldn't have an NC17 rating.

Yeah, the movie had to be cut 9 times to get it's R rating. Quite funny, if you ask me, a NC-17 rated movie involving puppets

Spire 16-10-2004 02:38 PM

I'll see it at some point.

Jacoby 17-10-2004 01:15 AM

Is it as funny as the advertisments made it look? Because if it is that funny...it's not funny at all. Seriously, it looks like the worst movie.

Renegade 17-10-2004 01:23 AM

I saw a clip on TV (mtv I think) showing one of the puppets vomiting over and over...and over. It wasn't funny at all. I did like the "BakkaLakkaDakka street" line and this clip I saw involving Hans Blix and that Asian emperor dude (Kim Jong?). Meh, the movie looks okay.

Spire 17-10-2004 04:29 AM

I love satire and parodies, so I imagine I'll like it. They clip they played on Conan was pretty funny, assuming you know at least a bit about politics.

Jacoby (aka Trendy McTrenderson) is just mad because Zack Braff isn't in it. Which is a good thing.

The Black Rider 17-10-2004 12:06 PM

Zach Braff has no talent.

Anyway, I've wanted to see this film since I saw the trailer:

Michael Moore
Sean Penn
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Liv Tyler
George W. Bush
John Kerry
Kim Jong Il
are all going to be really, really mad...

Any trailer with those words makes the film a classic by default.

Jacoby 17-10-2004 04:01 PM

My my friend and I went to go see Shaun of the Dead, which was actually funny, and they played the preview for TAWP. There was about 30-40 people in the whole theatre and it was completely quiet. When they said the "bakkalakkadakka" thing, one guy was about to laugh, but got embarassed and just pretended to cough. This movie will be nothing special. Believe.

Zach Braff fo' lyfe.

Spire 17-10-2004 04:04 PM

We're going to have a party and watch the moon blow up!

CFC 18-10-2004 12:53 AM

It ripped off some big movies also. I saw Kill Bill, The Matrix and Star Wars, there where a few more but I can;t think of them right now.

Ashley 20-10-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Rider

Anyway, I've wanted to see this film since I saw the trailer:

Michael Moore
Sean Penn
Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Liv Tyler
George W. Bush
John Kerry
Kim Jong Il
are all going to be really, really mad...

Any trailer with those words makes the film a classic by default.

Sean Penn actually wrote a letter saying that it will encourage "irresponsibility that will ultimately lead to the disembowelment, mutilation, exploitation, and death of innocent people."

Parker and Stone said he has no sense of humor. I find the whole letter writing ignorant. If he doesn't like the movie he shouldn't give it free publicity. I haven't seen it but I think it looks hilarious. I heard on the radio the puppet sex scene was cut from something like 2 minutes to 30 seconds, and that the full 2 minutes of good lovin' puppet sex will be on the DVD.

Jacoby 20-10-2004 10:36 PM

Yeah, my friends said it was actually a really funny movie. Meh. I guess I'll see it. And Spire, don't try to make it sound inteligent. It's not.

bob 21-10-2004 03:30 AM

Quote:

have you seen 'garden state'? i've heard it showcases his talent, but i wouldn't know cos i haven't seen it.

what exactly is the premise of the film? is it trying to make a point about something or is it just making fun of everyone?

Ashley 21-10-2004 04:37 AM

Quote:

That's just not true. Garden State was amazing. Off topic though. I don't know if I want to see TA:WP in the theater or on DVD because. I fear teens are going to sneek in and talk through out the whole thing making dumbass comments and ruin it.