Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Hole (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880)

Foeni 23-09-2004 07:45 PM

The Hole

The Hole, I think, one of Keira lesser known movies (at least it is in Denmark where I come from...). Now I'd like to know how it is in other countries. And what do you guys think of it? I think it's rather good. Not her best movie (that has go to be "Pirates of the Carribbean"), but I think she doing good.

AureaMediocritas 23-09-2004 07:49 PM

Very interesting movie for -> Teens <- . Wouldn't have watched it if Miss
Knightley hadn't been in it though.

GuinevereLover 23-09-2004 07:54 PM

We Brits Know it Quite well

The Hole is quite well known here in the UK, Princess of Thieves is one I didn't realise she was in until I saw a trailer for it whilst on holiday in Arkansas this summer When someone is in a big successful movie like Keira being in Pirates, poeple tend to forget or overlook their smaller projects. One other example of this is that most people in my college knew that Natalie Portman did Star Wars but few realised she was in Beautiful Girls or Anywhere But Here.

hasselbrad 23-09-2004 07:55 PM

Haven't seen The Hole. Have you seen Pure?
Keira is very good in that film.

Foeni 23-09-2004 08:16 PM

I wouldn't have seen The Hole if it wasn't for Keira.. Actually I was searching for pictures of Keira in KaZaA (damn, it took a lot of time to make sure the were not fakes..) and I got this series of her showing her breasts. At that time I had never heard of The Hole, and therefor decided to see it.. Never regretted :)
About Princess of Thieves, I think it's allright, but no great movie at all.. Again, it's Keira making it worth seeing. It was actually by a happy coincidence I turned on my TV at the time they were showing it :D. But you're right, GuinevereLover, people seem to forget the smaller projects. In the beginning I didn't know it was Keira in Star Wars.. I just watched the movie thinking: "Wow, she's hot!". I haven't seen Anywhere But Here or Pure, but now you guys have made me aware of them, I'll go buy them!

Foeni 23-09-2004 08:21 PM

Her movies

To be honest, I haven't seen that many movies with Keira :icon_redf but they're quite difficult to find here in Denmark. But now I feel it has to end, I'm now gonna buy them from Amazon.com and have them shipped from UK to Denmark. And to those who don't know all of her movies, here they are:

Filmography:

King Arthur (2004)
Love Actually (2003)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Pure (2002)
Thunderpants (2002)
Bend It Like Beckham (2002)
Deflation (2001)
The Hole (2001)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Innocent Lies (1995)
A Village Affair (1994)

I hope I got them all, if not, plz add to the list :) The underlined ones are the one's I've seen...

peach 24-09-2004 07:19 AM

I haven't seen alot of her movies all I have seen is Love Actually, POTC, BILB, The Hole and Dr CHivago
Not sure about the spelling.

Foeni 24-09-2004 07:49 AM

You should see King Arthur, though she doesn't have the biggest role :(

Narg 24-09-2004 02:26 PM

King Arthur (2004)
Love Actually (2003)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
Pure (2002)
Thunderpants (2002)
Bend It Like Beckham (2002)
Deflation (2001)
The Hole (2001)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Innocent Lies (1995)
A Village Affair (1994)

the underline ones are her movies i own, and have seen, of them pirates and king arthur are the best the hole, then bend it, and then love actually.

The hole was a great movie tho, keira was fantastic in it, really enjoyed it.

Foeni 24-09-2004 02:37 PM

You know what the cheapest website to buy those movies is?

peach 24-09-2004 09:55 PM

I once bought amovie from amazon uk but I can't remember that it was cheap.

Foeni 24-09-2004 10:02 PM

Hmm.. I checked out their website and they only have 4-5 titles :(
But I'll take a closer look...

hasselbrad 24-09-2004 10:51 PM

I don't buy my stuff online.
I have gotten the DVDs that I have from Borders, Barnes & Noble (book stores in the states), Circuit City and Best Buy.
I also get stuff from a place that specializes in used CDs and DVDs.
You might try e-bay if you don't mind it being used.
The above places have websites that'll come up if you do a Google search.
I know Barnes & Noble is www.BN.com .

Richard 25-09-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AureaMediocritas
Very interesting movie for -> Teens <- . Wouldn't have watched it if Miss
Knightley hadn't been in it though.

I disagree. Though Keira was a great addition to the film, I'm glad I found it. The story itself was pretty amazing. Rather than just some random person killing without reason, they pretty much kill each other or kill themselves. It probably would have taken me awhile to see this film if Keira wasn't in it, so chalk it all up to luck. Great score too.

Foeni 25-09-2004 04:17 PM

I agree to that Richard. The only difference is that I would probably have never heard of The Hole if it wasn't because of this series which found as I searched for pictures of Keira. So of course I got interested in seeing the movie... :P

Richard 25-09-2004 05:02 PM

I don't think we're mature enough to handle that kind of material. :icon_conf

Foeni 25-09-2004 09:10 PM

Hmm.. Maybe not... It was just to explain why I got the movie in the first place.. It was before i became a huge fan of Keira

frodo1511 25-09-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard
I don't think we're mature enough to handle that kind of material. :icon_conf

Nope, PG-13 or less is this web-site's standard :icon_popc

To keep on-topic, I haven't seen the Hole, I want to, but it's hard to find in this part of the country. My ninja spies have told me that the DVD is being re-released in the states sometime in October, correct me if I'm wrong. Maby then it will be easier to find.

Foeni 25-09-2004 09:31 PM

Hmm.. I might be rather stupid right now, but what does PG-13 mean?

Mags 25-09-2004 09:34 PM

PG-13 means parental guidance is suggested for children under the age of 13...basically, it's a suggestion that parents see it before they allow their children to.