Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira Knightley Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   To Keira with love (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773)

NearokA 04-09-2004 10:15 PM

To Keira with love
 
So here I am again boys and girls perusing these forums half drunk with a glass of some premium blend crown royale (canadian whiskey) when this thought occured to me, why do I love Keira? That question of asking why, is the very basis for that thing which we call reason. Questioning why to everything and everyone is the whole point of being human. For that very question alone is enough to distinguish our minds from say the mind of a pig, or a cow for that matter. There are no other organisms on this planet that asks themselves, why is it we do the things we do?

So you can see I'm a bit disappointed here. No one on these forums has yet to describe the source of their love for Keira, they have only described the qualities of love. Do you follow me? Let me explain further.

You see, qualities of love are those things we use to describe what love is and what it does to us. For instance: "Keira's soo hot!" This statement is a quality of love. It seeks to explain not why one love's Keira, but an external reason why one love's Keira. Do you see the distinction? Or perhaps this alcohol is starting to work it's way into my brain and I'm thinking a bit slower than normal. Let me try and describe this in more detail with some examples of qualities of love.

1. Keira is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Yeah, yeah. We've all heard this one. But come on, is she really? I'm half drunk here and I can think of women more beautiful. One that crosses my mind at this moment is the wonderful Miss Elizabeth Hurley. Now there's a Brit with gorgeous blue eyes (at least I think they're blue..) with an ass better than most. Now, I certainly would not object to having wild and crazy sex with her, but I don't think I love her. We'll get to the reason why later.

2. Keira has a down-to-earth personality.

O please. If I wanted a girl with a "down-to-earth personality" I'd knock on my neighbor's door and say, "Hey baby, let's get some beers and ice cream and you can tell me all about your wonderful life whilst I get drunk and admire your lovely legs." Notice here I'm telling her to get some beers with me, and not asking her. You see, the subtle difference here is that if you tell a woman to go out and have some beers, she'll comply. But if you ask a woman to go out and have some beers, she'll sit there and think about it. But I digress, let's get back onto the subject. What about a porn star? Now I know most girls here don't have any particular affinity to porn stars, but I do say, they have a very warm, down-to-earth personality. And they know everything and everything about sex. A woman who knows these things with a gorgeous body is a priceless woman indeed and all guys can vouch for that, drunk or not. However, I wouldn't say I love them.

So why do I love Keira you might ask? Well, it's not her everlasting beauty and it's not her personality either. Because, in truth, many women posses these qualities and I certainly wouldn't say I love many women--let's be clear here, just because I don't love them means I wouldn't enjoy loving them (and I use loving here as an action verb :icon_mrgr ). To me, once one has begun to strip himself of all these qualities and get right to the source, there only remains one thing left. Scientifically speaking, one can decribe this thing as a series of chemical reactions that occurs in the brain causing neurons to react in a certain way as to send electric shock pulses throughout the body. This in turn increases heart rate substantially and causes the voice to speak in a hi-pitched tone, sorely lacking any kind of manliness, and when the shock pulses reach the knees, it causes one to fall "head over heels." That is, since most people are very sensitive to sensations just behind the knee cap, when the shock pusles hit those sensitive areas, it causes a tickle sensation. This tickle sensation allows for one to not properly be able to stand on his own two feet.

That's the scientific explaination of love. Let me sum that up by just calling it a feeling. And this feeling occurs, you guessed it, within the first 5 minutes of encounter. And if this feeling does not occur within this time frame, then I'm sorry, you're not in love, you're just in the mood for loving, you know?

So why do I love Keira? Well, I love Keira because I get this feeling everytime I look at a photograph of her. I get this feeling everytime I see her smile, and everytime I hear her voice. And this feeling, I don't get it with other girls. I don't feel it when I'm looking at half naked pictures of Elizabeth Hurly. I don't feel it when I'm watching porn stars do what they do best. I don't even feel it for the girl next door. And so what love becomes is a connection that two people share.

Now, I cannot control whom I love and I don't think anyone can. Love just happens and this feeling can't merely be shut off with a flip of a switch. So, you can think me crazy, you can think me obsessed. I don't care. The truth is, I love you Keira, I love you very much. And I hope one day you'll see it too.

And so my question becomes, why do you love Keira?

MarkOB 04-09-2004 10:30 PM

Before this thread gets locked (my opinion - I may be wrong - is that the odds are strong on that one) let me say this:

Hear, hear to all you say!!

Renegade 04-09-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkOB
let me say this:

Hear, hear to all you say!!

:icon_conf


Anyway, why I 'love' Keira? Because she is most beautiful woman on the planet and has the most down-to-earth personality.:p

Well I'm not really in love with her. I was infatuated for a good 3 months but now I've settled to just being a fan.

frodo1511 05-09-2004 01:11 AM

Yeah, I was infatuated with her for the last 2 months(King Arthur) and now have "big-fan"-itis. This will most likely come back up when I see the Jacket;P Basically, just read what nearokA wrote, and I agree.

Narg 05-09-2004 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NearokA
So why do I love Keira? Well, I love Keira because I get this feeling everytime I look at a photograph of her. I get this feeling everytime I see her smile, and everytime I hear her voice. And this feeling, I don't get it with other girls. I don't feel it when I'm looking at half naked pictures of Elizabeth Hurly. I don't feel it when I'm watching porn stars do what they do best. I don't even feel it for the girl next door. And so what love becomes is a connection that two people share.

Exactly the same as me.

deviljet88 05-09-2004 05:09 AM

Used to be infactuated with her, but I've left it all behind. I just like to use her for images on my mobile and computer. I'm more interested in getting the girl next door than Keira. At least she's closer. 'Course, Keira's still the most beautiful woman on the earth.

Spire 05-09-2004 05:15 AM

Well, she's fucking great, that's why.

Elijahfan 05-09-2004 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spire
Well, she's fucking great, that's why.

well said.

she's beautiful physically, has great acting capabilities, and is down to earth (from all the interviews) as far as i can tell.

NearokA 05-09-2004 06:23 AM

-.-a

I wonder if you guys read my post at all or just....

:icon_spam

lol.

I was asking what is the source of your love for Keira and not merely a quality of love you feel for Keira.

deviljet88 05-09-2004 06:52 AM

If you read other people's posts, you'll notice the answer to: "And so my question becomes, why do you love Keira?" written between the lines, or maybe just at the very end. For example mine...

"Used to be infactuated with her, but I've left it all behind. I just like to use her for images on my mobile and computer. I'm more interested in getting the girl next door than Keira. At least she's closer. 'Course, Keira's still the most beautiful woman on the earth."

Last line, there's your answer :) Though, I'm glad you noticed most of us spammed without reading one of the longest posts written by a non-officer/mod/admin.

Keyser_so_so 05-09-2004 04:31 PM

Well, NearokA, I think that was a enlightening and interesting thought you started this thread with. Cheers for making me feel like there are others!

NearokA 05-09-2004 05:50 PM

No no. Jet you're okay.

Some of you guys just lost that luvin feeling. That's fine. I was refering to those that still do love Keira. You can't just say, "omfg, she's so hot!" and expect me to believe that you do in fact actually love her. Why? Because all you can do is state qualities of love. These qualities of love can be used to describe any woman, so there really is no point in saying that's the reason why one loves Keira.

I was just saying beneath all these qualities, what's the source of your love. Is it the same as me? Do you have something different? That source better be something that cannot merely just describe any woman.

To Keyser/Narg: There are others that love Keira! :D But you guys share the same feeling as I do. Are there any others that love Keira but have a different reason?

Richard 05-09-2004 06:03 PM

I was never obsessed, just interested. During that phase, sometimes I just drifted away and imagined what it would be like talking to her, being in the same room as her, and what's the first thing I would say to her if I had the chance. Simple shit like that, nothing major.

Now I hardly think of her. I don't love her, I don't think I ever did. But I know it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

NearokA 10-09-2004 07:58 AM

It seems to me that many forumgoers do not love Keira in that way as no one has yet to explain why. I wonder, is this a Keira fansite or a general discussion forum?

Do people come here to discuss issues or merely satisfied with discussing topics like: if you could pick the hottest piece of ass, who would have it?

Liam 10-09-2004 10:43 AM

Its a Keira fan site.

A lot of people here went through a 'oh my shit, I'm in love with Keira' phase, but they got over it. You just have to dig.

Narg 10-09-2004 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NearokA
It seems to me that many forumgoers do not love Keira in that way as no one has yet to explain why. I wonder, is this a Keira fansite or a general discussion forum?

Do people come here to discuss issues or merely satisfied with discussing topics like: if you could pick the hottest piece of ass, who would have it?

Dont worry, i thought exactly the same thing when i joined these forums, and seen some of the mods actually bagging her out on irc, i was shocked and appauled :P, but they all still like her, enjoy looking at pictures of her, their all still fans, they have just settled down a bit. You will too, And so will I.

NearokA 10-09-2004 05:23 PM

We shall see Narg.

Foeni 20-09-2004 09:37 AM

I just read NearokA's recent posts...
I feel exactly the same way... Some kind of love, but it's quite hard to explain, why I love her...
But you are doing it quite good, NearokA!

NearokA 20-09-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foeni
I just read NearokA's recent posts...
I feel exactly the same way... Some kind of love, but it's quite hard to explain, why I love her...
But you are doing it quite good, NearokA!

That's the spirit man! Now if we could just keep posting more relavant topics in this forum, we'd be set!

Narzys 20-09-2004 09:52 PM

Nearoka I think you just bescribed the difference between : Desire & Love.
But I must still say: "lovely text" :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.