Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Keira turns down the Chance to play a Bond Girl (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742)

GuinevereLover 30-08-2004 07:28 PM

Keira turns down the Chance to play a Bond Girl

Keira Knightley has turned down the chance to be the next Bond girl because she fears she
wouldn't look good enough in a bikini.

The 19-year-old Londoner has appeared in a string of roles completely starkers but fears
she cannot compete with Bond girls who have included Ursula Andress and Halle Barry.

Keira was even recommended for the role by former James Bond Pierce Brosnan but she
told Empire magazine: "I don't think I have the assets to be a Bond girl.

"Anyway, I'm no good with bikinis. They always have to wear bikinis, don't they, Bond
Girls?"

Keira was last seen by fans romping while wearing next to nothing in King Arthur.

Source: http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...m_1084089.html

Richard 30-08-2004 07:36 PM

Wouldn't look good enough in a bikini!?! ...

ah bollocks Keira. :mad:

hasselbrad 30-08-2004 08:23 PM

Oh well...another Bond film I won't be seeing.

Jasper 30-08-2004 08:24 PM

Keira is way too modest...

She should let her fans decide whether or not she looks good in a bikini :).

Sarah 30-08-2004 09:33 PM

This is old news.

frodo1511 30-08-2004 10:21 PM

WHAT A LIE!!! The only reason she's not in it, is because she would give Pierce a MAJOR heart attack;)

Kelsey 30-08-2004 10:58 PM

That's so obviously not the reason she turned down the role. But, no matter that the reason, Scarlett should follow Keira's example and change her mind about MI3.

KnightleyNews 30-08-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah
This is old news.

Certainly IS old news.

From 28th August 2003 !!!!!!! :-

LDJW Films reports the unconfirmed news that Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl star Keira Knightley is being looked at for the female lead role in the 21st James Bond film which is due for release in 2005.
The site says Knightley became talk after Bond producers ended talks with Clive Owen who she co-stars with in the upcoming Jerry Bruckheimer produced King Arthur. Owen is the first contender for the Bond role after Pierce Brosnan leaves the series after the making of Bond 21.
The site recently reported that Knightley will also star in Jurassic Park 4.

UPDATE: MI6 contacted Keira Knightley's agent and publicist about the James Bond rumor who say it's false. This puts the site's claim that Knightley was cast in the fourth "Jurassic Park" movie in doubt as well.

As this has come from Empire I'm guessing one of those 'Public Access' questions we all submitted featured one about the Bond role. Either that or an Empire journalist didn't do much homework on Keira.

Paul

dying to live 01-09-2004 08:55 PM

look

look what this story says
ananova ???
________
Honda RC170

Jasper 01-09-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dying to live
look what this story says
ananova ???

Uh... thats the SAME exact thing that GuinevereLover posted...

frodo1511 01-09-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
Uh... thats the SAME exact thing that GuinevereLover posted...

Yeah, some people are slower than others, you just get used to it;)

Anyway, anyone know when Bond 21 comes out? I'm quite anxious, since Die Another Day was the best Bond since Goldeneye.

Jasper 01-09-2004 09:59 PM

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2005/JB21.php

Dont know if thats accurate.

Will edit if I find different dates.

Edit: Saw a few more sites that said the same date... So it seems accurate.

Anna 01-09-2004 10:14 PM

I wonder how accurate that November 2005 date is considering Pierece Brosnan and Samantha Bond have bowed out of Bond 21.

JayBe 01-09-2004 11:12 PM

there is nothing out, yet. nothing. so forget all you've read about the date (always changes...), actors or story...

i would propose Clive Owen as James Bond and Keira, for sure ;), as the Bond-Girl. I liked them in King Arthur...so they would also be a fit team in James Bond, too...

Keira in a fast car, that would be breathtaking :icon_surp

frodo1511 01-09-2004 11:24 PM

I'm guessing the November '05 date was proposed BEFORE Pierce said he was done being 007. Now, the rumor mill has two coming-up actors with the possibility of being the new Bond: Hugh Jackman, and Clive Owen, both I think would make a great James Bond.

Sucks Keira won't be the new Bond girl, though:( just hope Mariah Carey or Britney Spears don't take that opening)

Richard 01-09-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodo1511
though:( just hope Mariah Carey or Britney Spears don't take that opening)

:eek: Hollywood is not that stupid.

frodo1511 02-09-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard
:eek: Hollywood is not that stupid.

I know, it's just a rumor flying around that if either makes the theme song, then they want a part in the movie, either a cameo, or to be the bond girl. It would ruin the movie, seeing as both can't act to save their lives.

Jasper 02-09-2004 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodo1511
I know, it's just a rumor flying around that if either makes the theme song, then they want a part in the movie, either a cameo, or to be the bond girl. It would ruin the movie, seeing as both can't act to save their lives.

I take it you havent seen crossroads and/or glitter then. Both classics.

I like Hugh Jackman as an actor, but I dont think he would be a good enough ladies-man, that a James Bond role would require.

frodo1511 02-09-2004 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
I take it you havent seen crossroads and/or glitter then. Both classics.

I like Hugh Jackman as an actor, but I dont think he would be a good enough ladies-man, that a James Bond role would require.

Nope, and don't want too.

I think that Hugh would be perfect for Bond. Have you seen him in Van Helsing? Anyone who can get Kate Beckinsale is worthy of being the next Bond.
Coincidentally, anyone who can get Keira Knightley is also worthy of being the next James Bond:)

Kelsey 02-09-2004 01:58 AM

How can Pierce Brosnan *not* be James Bond? I can't think of anyone else, since that's the type of film that needs to be *perfectly* cast.