Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Your favorite soda is... (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566)

Martha 10-08-2004 09:10 AM

delete

delete

Sarah 10-08-2004 10:34 AM

I only drink water. Coca Cola dissolves the enamel off your teeth and you'll end up needing them crowned. Water all the way.

Narg 10-08-2004 11:00 AM

Vanilla coke, coke, bust mostly water.

ryan 10-08-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah
I only drink water. Coca Cola dissolves the enamel off your teeth and you'll end up needing them crowned. Water all the way.

Only if you have poor dental hygeine (not brushing enough). :p

For me, I like regular, cherry, and vanilla coke, but I don't really drink regular coke anymore. I usually stick to water and when I want something with a little flavor, I drink diet.

Sarah 10-08-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan
Only if you have poor dental hygeine (not brushing enough). :p

You clearly don't know much about teeth enamel, do you? No matter how many times you brush your teeth, if you drink coke, it wears away enamel. Especially just after you've drank coke, as the enamel is soft on your teeth. In fact, the more to brush your teeth, the more you'll lose enamel, as it brushes off when soft. Coke destroys teeth, whether you brush or not.

Coke is bad. Soda is evil. Drink water! :p

hasselbrad 10-08-2004 12:21 PM

Bourbon...

...flavored Co-Cola. (That's Coca-Cola for non Southerners)

deviljet88 10-08-2004 12:39 PM

I drink water 90% of the time, but I love a bit of Coke once in a while :) Starting to like Vanilla Coke a bit, but original still the best I reckon

frodo1511 10-08-2004 02:25 PM

Mostly water for the past 3 years(on and off with braces), but now that I FINALLY have them off, either Coke or Barq's Root-Beer. Now that shit is awesome.

Oh, to go with sarah's story on how coke will rot your teeth, my orthodontist once told me not to drink anything carbonated because the carbonation could get "stuck" behind your brackets, and once you get your braces off, your teeth will have bright white outlines of where your braces were. Very gross, so I didn't drink soda for a good 2 years.

CFC 10-08-2004 02:51 PM

Soda is the devil.

I usually drink water or sometimes Tea. If I drink one soda I will starting drinking a ton again.

frodo1511 10-08-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

You clearly don't know much about teeth enamel, do you? No matter how many times you brush your teeth, if you drink coke, it wears away enamel. Especially just after you've drank coke, as the enamel is soft on your teeth. In fact, the more to brush your teeth, the more you'll lose enamel, as it brushes off when soft. Coke destroys teeth, whether you brush or not.

Coke is bad. Soda is evil. Drink water! :p

I have a proposition for you sarah: try drinking soda with a straw, if you value your teeth. That's how I got away with drinking soda with braces on, since it never touches your teeth.

keira loves lipgloss 10-08-2004 04:04 PM

I drink ice cold water but sometimes have cola

Jacoby 10-08-2004 04:17 PM

Sierra Mist is the savior of sodas. It's like Sprite but it doesn't burn your throat. I have it for breakfast sometimes.

Sarah 10-08-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodo1511
I have a proposition for you sarah: try drinking soda with a straw, if you value your teeth. That's how I got away with drinking soda with braces on, since it never touches your teeth.

The coke still remains on your tongue and your tongue touches the back of your teeth. Also, drinking through a straw gives you excess air in your stomach which makes it bloated.

Coke is FULL of sugar. One can has around 5 table spoons on sugar. Coke is horrid stuff and it is like drinking golden syrup with acid.

Jacoby 10-08-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Coke is horrid stuff and it is like drinking golden syrup with acid.

Agreed. The onlydark soda can drink is Dr.Pepper. Coke & Pepsi are too harsh.

DefyingGravity 10-08-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoby
Sierra Mist is the savior of sodas. It's like Sprite but it doesn't burn your throat. I have it for breakfast sometimes.

Ooooh, agreed! Sierra Mist is great. I love it frozen. I haven't had it in a while, though. Most of the time, I drink cold water, but for an occassional treat, I drink diet vanilla coke or cream soda. I love both. :)

Richard 10-08-2004 05:20 PM

Weird topic...

I too usually drink water almost 90% of the time. Whenever I don't, it's Lipton Ice Tea.

hasselbrad 10-08-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefyingGravity
Ooooh, agreed! Sierra Mist is great. I love it frozen. I haven't had it in a while, though. Most of the time, I drink cold water, but for an occassional treat, I drink diet vanilla coke or cream soda. I love both. :)

Mmmmm. Cream soda. I had almost forgotten what a treat that is. IBC Cream Soda is my favorite.

And yes, Coke is horrible for you. If you think the damage it does to your tooth enamel is bad, imagine what it's doing to your internal organs.
You can use it to clean battery terminals.
Highway patrol units here in the states often carry a couple of 2 liters to clean blood off the highway.
Put a piece of steak in it and leave it for 30 days...steaks gone!
:icon_surp

Kelsey 10-08-2004 08:07 PM

I'm going to have to go with Sarah on this one. She may be the one with the really nice teeth when everyone else here is getting their teeth crowned. I usually drink bottled water, but I don't, like, *not* drink soda or anything. I usually have Pepsi or Mountain Dew. But when I was in Europe, I became addicted to Fanta and so now I go to the little grocery store across town to get it which is the only place I've been able to find it.

bryan 10-08-2004 08:49 PM

Yeah, Fanta and cream soda are awesome. Unfortunately, both of them are only sold in those specialty beverage stores and small markets like Kelsey said. American convenience stores are ridiculous sometimes.

keira_lover 10-08-2004 08:52 PM

A&W cream soda is my fav. I don't drink it very often though, I'm more a water and juice person.