Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira Knightley Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   no more pirates!? (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4350)

taylorv 01-02-2010 10:25 PM

no more pirates!?

keira knightly reported not doing pirates of the carribean 4!!???? is that true!?

i really hope it isnt does anyone agree with me if so why?

my reason is that shes just perfect for that role and its going to be horrible without ehr i really wish she would do it she completes the movie and idk how to explain it but she just really should!! shes my fav character!

does anyone know why she isnt doing it?

barrington 02-02-2010 02:16 PM

This is correct. Neither Orlando nor Keira will appear in any more Pirates films.

Hazzle 17-03-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorv (Post 91433)
does anyone know why she isnt doing it?

Because the idea of doing a fourth Pirates film sucks?

eelliiinn 20-03-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzle (Post 91506)
Because the idea of doing a fourth Pirates film sucks?

Couldn't agree more tbh!

Hazzle 21-03-2010 01:04 AM

Thought that as soon as I heard about the project.

Once I found out who was directing it I was sure. Memoirs of a Geisha was a masterpiece but I never much liked Chicago (not seen Nine). Not sure his style is very suited to Pirates, but then I guess people could've said that about Gore "The Ring" Verbinski (that's his official name, by the way).

PhoeniX 23-03-2010 04:22 PM

Yeah she's out, and Penelopé Cruz is in

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1225844458040

Porcelain_Doll 29-03-2010 06:31 PM

Penelope Cruz? Ick. I don't give a shit about the woman's Academy Award and her muse/artist relationship with Almodóvar. Can't stand her, her accent nor her acting.

Penelope Cruz as Johnny Depp's love interest? Triple ick.

Hazzle 30-03-2010 12:19 AM

Exactly. Does nobody else remember her in Blow? I mean, I loved the movie, but only because Johnny rocked in it...she, rather fittingly, blew. I reckon it's the Rob Marshall connection. After all, his last film, Nine, also had Cruz in a lead role.

Foeni 01-04-2010 11:13 PM

I don't even think the two last Pirates movies were that good.. Also, I don't like Orlando Bloom - he kinda ruins the movies..

Surprize 10-04-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll (Post 91572)
Penelope Cruz? Ick. I don't give a shit about the woman's Academy Award and her muse/artist relationship with Almodóvar. Can't stand her, her accent nor her acting.

Penelope Cruz as Johnny Depp's love interest? Triple ick.

Absolutely agree. I liked 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' in general, but her Oscar... was she really worthy to receive it. Amy Adams and Viola Davis were far more exceptional than her ordinary psychopatic part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzle (Post 91586)
I reckon it's the Rob Marshall connection. After all, his last film, Nine, also had Cruz in a lead role.

I had such an idea, too. Besides, isn't it weird that a director who makes musicals to make a movie like POTC? Maybe, I'm missing the point or he has some action films on his list? Anyway, why Gore Verbinski isn't the director for this time?

elizabeth2014 01-07-2010 06:03 PM

the fact penelope cruz is in doesn't really bother me, I am glad Orlando's out , he sucks, but Keira really should come back although dumb writers no offense, decided that elizabeth should end up gaurding a heart, I'd stab it if I were her:(

Surprize 04-07-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabeth2014 (Post 92329)
the fact penelope cruz is in doesn't really bother me, I am glad Orlando's out , he sucks, but Keira really should come back although dumb writers no offense, decided that elizabeth should end up gaurding a heart, I'd stab it if I were her:(

Now, as I'm thinking it over, I suppose it's a perfect ending for Will and Elizabeth's love story. And by the way, if Keira was in the project, Orlando would be there, too, so just be happy he's out ;)

Nevertheless, I don't think that Orlando suck.

elizabeth2014 13-07-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprize (Post 92346)

Nevertheless, I don't think that Orlando suck.

Well it's my personal opinion but Pirates wil be Pirates of Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow and Lord Bekket is dead with Davy gone to

Hazzle 05-10-2010 08:47 PM

Pirates was what it was because of the "buddy" dynamic between Bloom and Depp. Much as Depp is brilliant as Sparrow, there's only so much before it gets samey, and there's nobody in the cast of the new movie for him to bounce off. Love him or hate him (and generally I hate him) Bloom was ace in the Pirates movies.

KKGorgeous 19-03-2011 11:43 AM

Having seen several trailers of the 4th Pirates movie, "On stranger tides", and also reading about the storyline etc I think it was better to leave Keira out. It really would have been hard to fit her in, at least the Elizabeth character. Lets be honest, that whole Will/Elizabeth/Sparrow storyline went to its conclusion and there wasn't anything you could do with it anymore. Sure they could have leave Will out now and just have Sparrow and Elizabeth as a couple now but to me that would be unrealistic. Besides, I think its better for Keira's career to move on from the Pirates franchise.

Im not much a fan of Cruz either but I think she fits in well for the new Pirates movie. Im actually looking forward to watching it, come end of May. :)