Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Oh, HBO... (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4329)

Porcelain_Doll 26-02-2009 02:54 PM

Oh, HBO...

So, I thought HBO deserved a thread.
Not for the movies, we already have one of those; but for the series, people!

I don't know if it's the same in other countries, perhaps the series are transmitted via some other channel?; (if so, perhaps we could even expand this into a All-Series thread! *gets lost in delusions of grandeur*)

Which series got you completely hooked, and why?
For me there was Rome, In Treatment, and now True Blood.
My parents loved The Sopranos and Alice, and I hear Mad Men's not too bad either.

Spill!

michael22 26-02-2009 08:40 PM

I loved rome......it was literally like crack for me during a particularily boring semester of school.

duckula 26-02-2009 11:18 PM

The Wire. Best TV show ever.

Kelsey 28-02-2009 01:23 AM

I have the first season of The Wire on DVD, but I still need to find some time to sit down and watch it.

Michael, you stole the sentence right out of my mouth about Rome. OMG, I was addicted. I've watched the entire seasons twice now, and just started it again with my dad (who has never seen it). I'm amazed at how much more I find with every new viewing.

Haven't seen True Blood yet, but plan on it. I'm halfway through reading the series.

Porcelain_Doll 03-03-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 91098)
Haven't seen True Blood yet, but plan on it. I'm halfway through reading the series.

Ooh, are they good?
(They don't necessarily have to be just because the series' good, it could be the showwriters' credit for all I know.)
I found out there was a book series not too long ago, but I'm wary about ordering them...I'm so scared I'm going to find literal-Sookie disappointing, Anna Paquin does such a wonderful job.

God, I'd fill my house with DVDs if they weren't so expensive :(

Kelsey 03-03-2009 10:26 PM

I really like the series. Around Christmas time, the bookstore I work at was selling out of the books because fans of the show kept coming in to buy the books. It sounded to me like people are liking both. The books are really fun, and definitely easy reads.

Mandy 06-03-2009 04:27 AM

Flight of the Conchords, Secret Diary of a Call Girl....w00t.

Kelsey 07-03-2009 03:19 AM

Has anyone seen Summer Heights High?

michael22 07-03-2009 06:25 PM

Flight of the Concords is amazing, I rarely am home to watch it but when I do I learn valuable life lessons. Like taking back alleys and avoiding public areas. Also that there are too many dicks on the dance floor.

Mandy 07-03-2009 07:47 PM

All the ladies are just checking out my sugalumps.

Kelsey 08-03-2009 10:11 PM

Lol, I've never seen the show, but I have the CD on my iPod.

Kelsey 30-03-2009 12:21 AM

Just started season 2 of "Big Love" yesterday, and am now on episode nine. This probably tells you I really need a life.

Porcelain_Doll 31-03-2009 08:07 PM

ooh, I liked Big Love! Pity it will premiere God knows when...

I can't believe the last episode of True Blood's 1st Season is this Sunday!! What am I going to do without it for an unknown period of time? *sobs*

luis 01-04-2009 05:04 AM

FAMILY GUY. i love that serie

Porcelain_Doll 02-04-2009 10:09 PM

um...I don't think that's on HBO. But then again I guess we could make a separate thread for our favourite tv series?

luis 07-04-2009 05:47 PM

oh sorry my fould i didn`t know it was a cannel your were talking about$)

sorry

Kelsey 10-04-2009 07:34 PM

Make a separate thread Luis. God knows we could use a new one...

True Blood comes out on DVD in the US on May 15th....yippee!

luis 11-04-2009 04:24 PM

i already did but nobody looked yet!

Porcelain_Doll 14-04-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 91241)

True Blood comes out on DVD in the US on May 15th....yippee!

8: must. get. it.

Hazzle 17-03-2010 02:29 PM

Love both In Treatment and True Blood.

Never caught The Wire when it debuted over here on FX, and unlike True Blood (which moved onto mainstream TV way before Season 2 started), it was quite a while before the BBC got a hold of the show.

When they did, they put on an episode every night, and at the time I couldn't commit that sort of time to it. By the time Sky did it with In Treatment I could, but The Wire had progressed too far by that point.

That being said, I do plan to catch up with the show, because I know it's good (many people whose opinions I respect have said so).

So do you folk recommend Rome? I heard mixed reviews on it, but I don't often trust the opinions of most people. You lot, on the other hand, I do.

Have watched parts, and occasionally full episodes, of Secret Diary Of A Call Girl (not an HBO-made show, but since it is broadcast in the States on HBO, and Mandy mentioned it, thought I'd chime in). Never really thought of Billie as being sexy before I watched that show, but now that I have...wow.

Bought my sister the True Blood novels for Christmas. She's not read them yet though, but I'd love to know what those who've watched the show and read the books think of the books compared to the show.