Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Gallery (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A Surreal Pen Drawing I Created (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420)

Stormbringer 26-07-2004 02:57 PM

A Surreal Pen Drawing I Created

I've been learning some Japanese traditional art this year and also love surrealist art, so I came with this surreal pen drawing.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...vingtattoo.jpg

apoggy 26-07-2004 02:58 PM

use [square brackets] in future, and the tag [/img] at the end

Stormbringer 26-07-2004 03:00 PM

Sorry about that apoggy. I'll remember next time.

barrington 26-07-2004 05:03 PM

That's a damn fine piece of art.
I love it.

Pinkfairy 26-07-2004 05:59 PM

That's really, really good. Did you use pen only?

jadie 26-07-2004 06:16 PM

thats awesome Stormbringer!!!!

Jacoby 26-07-2004 06:38 PM

Holy shit. That's gorgeous, seriously. I'm usually a tough critic with art, but that's amazing. Got any more?

Stormbringer 26-07-2004 08:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words on my drawing! I do appreciate it. For Pinkfairy, the drawing was done totally in pen on paper. Pen and ink are very hard mediums to master( at least for me they are and I'm still not that good at it). The shading is tricky, time taking, and difficult. Sometimes pen and ink has a mind of its own and you end up with excessive bleeding on the paper and/or inconsistent contrast.

KeirazBabe 26-07-2004 08:54 PM

Wow. that is bloody amazing! well done :D

xXx

Narg 26-07-2004 10:24 PM

That's fkn awesome dude! love it.

Pinkfairy 26-07-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormbringer
Thanks for the kind words on my drawing! I do appreciate it. For Pinkfairy, the drawing was done totally in pen on paper. Pen and ink are very hard mediums to master( at least for me they are and I'm still not that good at it). The shading is tricky, time taking, and difficult. Sometimes pen and ink has a mind of its own and you end up with excessive bleeding on the paper and/or inconsistent contrast.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I was wondering how you did the shading. It is awesome. keep them coming ;)

Stormbringer 26-07-2004 11:28 PM

Regarding the shading, Pinkfairy, I approach pens the same way I approach pencils. It is really a matter of how much pressure you apply to the paper with the pen. It is kind of hard to explain, but I'm basically taking the same principles of shading with pencils that I am with pen. Only everytime I touch the surface of the paper, I clean the tip of the pen with a tissue or paper towel so it doesn't bleed heavy on the paper. The other issue is making mistakes. With pencils, you can get away with mistakes. Pen is a lot harder which is why I only draw lightly before working the contrast to my liking. I bought a couple of pen erasers from an art store, but they are only effective when you draw lightly with pen. I hope this information helps you.

Pinkfairy 27-07-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormbringer
Regarding the shading, Pinkfairy, I approach pens the same way I approach pencils. It is really a matter of how much pressure you apply to the paper with the pen. It is kind of hard to explain, but I'm basically taking the same principles of shading with pencils that I am with pen. Only everytime I touch the surface of the paper, I clean the tip of the pen with a tissue or paper towel so it doesn't bleed heavy on the paper. The other issue is making mistakes. With pencils, you can get away with mistakes. Pen is a lot harder which is why I only draw lightly before working the contrast to my liking. I bought a couple of pen erasers from an art store, but they are only effective when you draw lightly with pen. I hope this information helps you.

Awesome. Thanks!

Hazzle 27-07-2004 12:22 AM

Awesome pic.

KRev 27-07-2004 07:38 AM

Wicked! Keep postin' 'em Storm!

DragonRat 27-07-2004 09:04 AM

Beautiful, just as the Chinese character on her neck states.

spitinthacoola 27-07-2004 10:24 AM

That's really really good. Keep it up.

Stormbringer 28-07-2004 05:35 PM

DragonRat, that's cool that you noticed the character/kanji on the neck...some people that I showed the drawing to thought it was a symbol I made up.