Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Keira is homogeneous (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4049)

andrey92 15-04-2008 11:59 AM

Keira is homogeneous

Why? Than lets looking to her films. I dont talk about her old films, because than she was young and unpopular actress, and she took all roles, but i am talking about nowadays when she is popular, when she have choice. And now she takes roles only in historical films. Not in love actually, because in this film she was second actress, but in those films, where she is first actress. Pride and prejudice - poor girl in old times which found rich man, Atonement - rich girl in not so old times and again she is in love, now i can see than Edge of love is absolutelly the same that Atonement just in another interpretation. But i like, just she can change her profile and start some other roles, like in film Domino, which i like much of all her films.

Surprize 15-04-2008 12:06 PM

I remember that once in the interview Keira said that she's afraid to be similar in every new film. I think she acts in different way in each movie and I don't think that her films are similar - each of them has its own plot, theme and underlying theme.

andrey92 15-04-2008 12:12 PM

Of course every film have different, but in big ways her roles are bit similar

Surprize 15-04-2008 12:15 PM

I don't think so, It's just my opinion.

As for historical themes in lots of her movies, I consider it's interesting. Actually, I love history movies.

andrey92 15-04-2008 12:30 PM

me too, but if she continues in this way, she can stay a history actress, like some actor are( that actor in man in iron mask, dracon egg and others) or like comedy actor( murphy, that actor in bruce almighty and ace venture)

Surprize 15-04-2008 12:36 PM

Is it bad? Maybe, she finds such films favourable and appropriate for her. I think that she has much better filmography than those girls who act in stupid, not serious films where you won't find any sense.

andrey92 15-04-2008 12:38 PM

there are many of wery deep films which are not history films, not a really stupid american teens films - meet the spartans and the same

Surprize 15-04-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrey92 (Post 87968)
there are many of wery deep films which are not history films, not a really stupid american teens films - meet the spartans and the same

As I said, maybe, she likes acting in such movies. It's her choice, and while she's popular, her and our (fans') opinions on her work coincide.

andrey92 15-04-2008 12:46 PM

i agree with you, but actress number one in world she isnt, and maybe if she start to film in other films, maybe she have to speak bigger number of persons, because not everybody likes films like she have

hasselbrad 15-04-2008 12:48 PM

That guy in Ace Ventura is Jim Carrey.
Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, The Truman Show or The Number 23? Not exactly slapstick.
Just because movies are based in the same time period, doesn't mean the roles are the same. Elizabeth Bennet is nothing like Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire. As for Lizzie Bennet, she did that back to back (by that I mean she had only days between filming) with Domino. Hardly similar.
Her character in Atonement is a wealthy socialite whose one true love is separated from her by the cruelty of fate. From what I gather, her character in The Edge of Love is a hedonistic, bisexual woman who sleeps with her first love and his wife.
I think a lot of people get this notion of her playing the same role over and over because of The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. When you examine the actual roles she's played, very few of them have been all that similar.

Surprize 15-04-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrey92 (Post 87970)
i agree with you, but actress number one in world she isnt, and maybe if she start to film in other films, maybe she have to speak bigger number of persons, because not everybody likes films like she have

okay, your view is interesting. which film genres can you offer her?

andrey92 15-04-2008 12:51 PM

my nation have phrase:
about taste

andrey92 15-04-2008 12:53 PM

about taste dont make an argument

what genre i can offer? i think than problem is not in genre, many persons like dramas together with love story. i think problem is in roles. why she cant become some person in nowadays, or bad girl( domino ), or maybe, but thats teh last variant, why she cant take action in some romantic comedies, my mother loves those films, because she thinks that life is already so hardy, an dwhy she need make it harder with very sad films?

Don't Double Post! - Ice

hasselbrad 15-04-2008 12:56 PM

Exactly what can she do to reach out to more people than The Pirates of the Caribbean did? The last two films grossed over $2,000,000,000 worldwide. Between box office and DVD sales, I would guess the trilogy has grossed close to $10,000,000,000.

Surprize 15-04-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrey92 (Post 87974)
about taste dont make an argument

I guess, the English equivalent is "Every man to his taste".
And don't double post - use the edit button.

andrey92 15-04-2008 01:03 PM

i dont argue with you, potc was excellent film, which bring for her big popularity, but in the same time she isnt merilin monro or others, but those girls was real legends, which i think keira will never become, but i like her, and for me she is better actress

what do you mean - And don't double post - use the edit button.

Don't Double Post.... again - Ice

Surprize 15-04-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasselbrad (Post 87976)
$10,000,000,000.

8:
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrey92 (Post 87978)
i dont argue with you, potc was excellent film, which bring for her big popularity, but in the same time she isnt merilin monro or others, but those girls was real legends, which i think keira will never become, but i like her, and for me she is better actress

Marylyn Monroe hasn't talent although she was popular but Keira has talent.

hasselbrad 15-04-2008 01:13 PM

Marilyn Monroe was a legend because she had curves, an affair with John F. Kennedy and died young. Every role she played was the same...dim-witted, big-titted blonde ditz.
You want homogenous? How about Cameron Diaz? She plays the same roles, over and over. The only thing she's done outside of her typical ditzy blonde character was in Gangs of New York, and that was like watching a duck pretend it's a flamingo.
I'd like to see Keira do romantic comedies as well, provided they're not crap. That's the problem with so many rom-coms though. Too many of them are formulaic garbage. Real character gets pushed aside for silliness, and the characters become flat.

andrey92 15-04-2008 01:14 PM

see, in reality, every actress which are take action in holywood( in long ways ) are better actresses in world, they are have tallent, and why other become a world star, but other just a normal actress? And answer is - person. Of course, i like keiras acting, but why she become my favourite actres? She is woman like i like. In my life are many very similar womans with her, which have similar face forms, body, and thats that i like in keira. Maybe other peoples likes big tits or long legs, and than they are crazy about other actreses.

andrey92 15-04-2008 01:16 PM

i dont watching on cd roles, because i dont like she, i am watching on keira roles, and about her roles i can tell my opinion, because i am watching all her films