Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Atonement looking better and better.... (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3711)

kingdumbass 20-08-2007 06:28 AM

Atonement looking better and better....

As more people see it, the positive buzz grows....
This film is looking like a winner.

Here are some reactions to an early screening held in the UK this weekend:
http://forums.awardsdaily.com/showth...685#post108685

Also check out Atonement's IMDB message board for more favorable impressions.

Will we see Ms. Knightley at the Oscars again this year? I'll bet we do...along with James McAvoy (who I think is GREAT -- see Becoming Jane), and hopefully Joe Wright.

This is much better than that Pirate business.

hasselbrad 20-08-2007 01:12 PM

I can't believe we have to wait until December 7th to see this. It really does look like the film (and Keira) are absolute favorites for Oscar nominations, and perhaps even some wins. It would be nice to see her win an Oscar just to shut up all of the priggish fucktards who have to carp about how she can't act at every turn. Once you've got one of those little gold statues, those arguments simply don't hold water.

michael22 20-08-2007 08:14 PM

This deffinetly looks like an nomination. Brad on what you said about the statue meaning your are a superb actor I refer you to crapwoman.

Porcelain_Doll 20-08-2007 08:14 PM

hehe, you complain you won't get to see the movie till December? I'm still wondering if they'll every show the preview here.

Like I said, if it doesn't premiere here, Ice'd better have that couch ready for me, 'cause I'm so not missing that movie.

Monika K. 21-08-2007 08:32 AM

It deserves oscar with certitude Atonement. Movie will be in poland in february 2008 only :(

Keira'sChampion 21-08-2007 11:53 PM

I live in a city of 200,000 in West Texas. We have a major university and 34 movie screens. And yet we didn't get "Death at a Funeral," which opened nationwide this weekend. Geez I hate this town! If on Dec.7th "Atonement" doesn't open here, I'm flying to the nearest major city to see it. We did finally get "Becoming Jane" but I'm not waiting for "Atonement!"

Monika K. 23-08-2007 07:09 PM

I can't wait for 'Atonement'. Perhaps, I will fly on premiere for London ;-)

hasselbrad 30-08-2007 12:44 PM

"Atonement" adaptation an instant classic

Their words...not mine. Read all about it.

maddiebabe91 08-09-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasselbrad (Post 80749)
I can't believe we have to wait until December 7th to see this. It really does look like the film (and Keira) are absolute favorites for Oscar nominations, and perhaps even some wins. It would be nice to see her win an Oscar just to shut up all of the priggish fucktards who have to carp about how she can't act at every turn. Once you've got one of those little gold statues, those arguments simply don't hold water.

hey dont complain, here in australia we have to wait unitll december the 26th :(

Porcelain_Doll 08-09-2007 09:54 PM

...here in the Lost World we haven't even seen the preview when we go to the movies. I mean, not even a whisper about it on the "showbiz" section of the papers...all you get while you're waiting for the movie to start are crappy synopsis of "Disturbia" and the likes. Fuck, we're delayed :(

KorrKeira 29-10-2007 05:38 PM

Oh i forget you guys in the states or wherever wont have seen it yet. And i do n'alf feel it for ya'z, becuase its FANTASTIC, thats all im saying!

I read the book in 2 days (finished it last night) and i cant stop thinking about it!

Im counting down the days til the dvd!

kingdumbass 30-10-2007 04:03 AM

I saw Dan in Real Life over the weekend, and they showed a huge Atonement trailer before the feature....
Looks like Focus Features is hoping to keep the film from losing Oscar steam by releasing it as close to December as possible. A smart move.

Monika K. 31-10-2007 02:12 PM

Anybody know when will be release on DVD?

KorrKeira 31-10-2007 02:44 PM

In England, i think in about a month-2 months. (Oct-Nov) Hopefully! :D <3

jean 01-11-2007 09:36 AM

James McAvoy is awesome. I can't wait for it to come out. But I'll have to wait till January coz that's when it's coming out where I live. I'll probably run out and get the book first.

Anduril 01-11-2007 03:25 PM

Saturday I'll watch atonement in the cinema! :D I really think it'll be a great and lovely movie! :) I'm reading the book now and I can't wait to see the film!:)
A movie with James and Keira has to be awesome! They are both wonderful actors!<3

kingdumbass 02-11-2007 01:19 AM

I've got high hopes for James MacAvoy....
I hope he goes far.

seventhson 09-11-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KorrKeira (Post 83789)
Oh i forget you guys in the states or wherever wont have seen it yet. And i do n'alf feel it for ya'z, becuase its FANTASTIC, thats all im saying!

Im counting down the days til the dvd!

Yes, I'm waiting for release at nearest theater in SE Texas on December 7, only four weeks to wait. Y'all probably seen all the links like this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809714841/info

Sorry I'm kinda slow/behind the times down here.

Peace be with you,

neo 11-11-2007 05:49 PM

texas

i live in texas too and can not wait for it! the rest of the world gets to see it before we do, not fair.

DizzyMissLizzie 11-11-2007 11:42 PM

...OMG...I bloody haven't seen it yet but from whot I have and from the book...I cryed for the frailer for God's sakes!!!! I also raed the book in two days in a row...you just can't stop reading it! Now it is my all time favorite...have read other Ian McEwan's books but this is definitely the top stuff! From the reviews and posted clips (I'm tryig to avoid them really...you know to keep the surprise for teh film...not very succesfully still...$)) I have very high hopes for James McAvoy...who is just adorable...and I could easely let him real all the phone book just for me...I just melt in that Scottish accent...angain Joe Wright made a brilliant adaption of a wonderful novel...hopefully those academy bastards will aprove!!! :D