Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Princess Diana (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3402)

Surprize 30-05-2007 02:21 PM

Princess Diana

I get show-news on my mail almost everyday. Today I read that Keira want to try herself as a princess Diana in new film. Have you heard anything about it?

hasselbrad 30-05-2007 02:40 PM

Nope.
There is a Princess Diana movie in the works, but it's really early. And, it has a German actress named Jenny Elvers attached to play Diana.

Love Johnsson 30-05-2007 03:43 PM

well, I don't know anything.
We will properly see soon if there is going to be any new movies with princess Diana as a carather. but I think you shoould ask keira if she has any projects like that:icon_smil I think she knows perfectly well what kind of films she are doing...

Digital_Ice 30-05-2007 04:33 PM

yep, I've heard about this.... but the source was the ever reliable ContactMusic, so I didnt bother posting it.

A controversial book "Diana and the Paparazzi", is at the centre of a bidding war at this year's Cannes Film Festival in France. Film producer Quentin Reynolds, who is bidding for the rights, hopes the movie adaptation will be as popular at the box office as The Queen, which won Dame Helen Mirren a Best Actress Oscar. He says, "Already the word in Hollywood is 'get Knightley'. It's a story that has everything: pathos, tragedy, comedy, adventure...and Princess Diana. "For every pound The Queen makes, a film about Diana will make ten."

Torquemada 30-05-2007 04:55 PM

yup, i've heard about this rumor too.
I believe she doesn't fit much in playing this role :dontknowa

hasselbrad 30-05-2007 05:09 PM

I'm basing my "nope" off of what I've read on IMDBpro. They have projects in the treatment stage profiled, so it's pretty comprehensive. As for the book, if they are simply bidding for the rights at the moment, any project would probably be pretty far off. It'll have to be adapted. At this point, Keira's as likely to play the lead role in the screenplay I'm writing, as she is Diana.

Bullets19 04-06-2007 05:12 AM

Wow another possible role for Keira.Dont get me wrong I cant get enough of Keira movies but doesnt she already have a few more movies that she is staring in coming out between now and 2008? Well then again it takes a couple of years to make a avrage movie so I guess thats not so many anyway.

kingdumbass 04-06-2007 05:45 AM

Imagine the amount of bitching and scrutiny that would come with playing Diana....

Scotsworth 04-06-2007 06:43 AM

^That's true, people would be so critical of her....but if she did it well...I'm sure she'd end up with a few golden statues....assuming the movie didn't suck.

Bullets19 05-06-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsworth (Post 75683)
^That's true, people would be so critical of her....but if she did it well...I'm sure she'd end up with a few golden statues....assuming the movie didn't suck.

100% True. Well for the most part. But then again it all depends on the audience's take on Keira.

mari**** 05-06-2007 01:12 AM

i heard it! it's gonna be a great movie (if it work)
:wave: byee

Hazzle 06-06-2007 12:01 AM

Dear Lord. Not a Diana movie. For fuck's sake she was a whore who cheated on her husband with numerous men, courted the media when it suited her in her war with Good Old Liz and then when they turned on her, her media obsession caused her death in an ironic twist. So she did work for charity, so does Princess Anne, and most people hate her. I for one was glad to see the back of her, and don't for one second mourn her loss.

Keira lover 06-06-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasselbrad (Post 74739)
Nope.
There is a Princess Diana movie in the works, but it's really early. And, it has a German actress named Jenny Elvers attached to play Diana.

Was? Die shauspielerin ist nicht Keira? das is Schade. Scheisse. Scheisse.

Translation: figure it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzle (Post 76156)
Dear Lord. Not a Diana movie. For fuck's sake she was a whore who cheated on her husband with numerous men, courted the media when it suited her in her war with Good Old Liz and then when they turned on her, her media obsession caused her death in an ironic twist. So she did work for charity, so does Princess Anne, and most people hate her. I for one was glad to see the back of her, and don't for one second mourn her loss.

I don't know much about the princess. but people love royals, especially we Americas. but my guess, she would be selling herself short.

allied_assult 06-06-2007 02:59 AM

They had a little bullet about that in Entertainment Weekly. Personally, I don't think the part is right for her

SAYA 21-06-2007 06:39 AM

kiera looks gr8 in any role
________
Colorado marijuana dispensaries

space_boy89 21-06-2007 03:43 PM

I read a lot of comments and texts about this subject.:icon_lurk Some people think this role is very heavy for Keira:dontknowa but some people have difference opinion from others.:icon_arro I am sure the best decision will be taken by Keira and producer.:icon_ques
Anyway,ı think Keira has a wonderful ability and adapts herself well for her roles.:xmas: If she gets this role,she can be successful.:icon_popc

Digital_Ice 21-06-2007 05:01 PM

don't spam smilies. (and this is the politest i will be on the subject)

guitaristt 21-06-2007 05:25 PM

It was great.Ithink..:)

Frank0756 21-06-2007 09:21 PM

Me too think the best choice will be made by Keira, anyway I honestly think that would be a good and successful film.

maddiebabe91 29-06-2007 11:21 AM

wow thats a pretty big role. but i think keira is great and im sure she could do it really well... not really sure if she looks all that much like diana though