Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Potc4? (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3179)

Digital_Ice 13-02-2007 10:52 AM

Potc4?

I'm feeling idle, so all you are getting is a cut and paste job...

Quote:

Plans Underway For Pirates Of The Caribbean 4

Pirates Of The Caribbean Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly are on course for a fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie, according to the film's writer.

Terry Rossio reveals plans are afoot to make another sequel for the hit franchise but fans may have to wait a few years to see it.

After making sequels two and three back to back, Rossio feels sure Depp and company will get the chance to ditch their sea legs for a while before returning for a fourth installment.

He tells movie news website MovieHole.net, "It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture - there are forces in play to make it happen, and forces in play to make it not happen.

"I think we will try to write a screenplay. I can't say if we'll be able to solve the challenge of making a good fourth film, or if our screenplay will be enough to get a film made."
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....f_the_caribb_4

mongoose 13-02-2007 12:47 PM

I don't know if the 4 part will be that succesful, because the scenario was meant for a trilogy. And now writing a new scenario might not be that good. But as they say It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture it might get something out. I would love to see them in another Pirates film. :)

hasselbrad 13-02-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongoose (Post 69670)
I don't know if the 4 part will be that succesful, because the scenario was meant for a trilogy. And now writing a new scenario might not be that good. But as they say It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture it might get something out. I would love to see them in another Pirates film. :)

Actually, it wasn't. Rossio and Elliott wrote the first to be a stand alone film, but its runaway success prompted the "trilogy". From what I understand, a lot of the second and third films' script wasn't even completed before they began shooting.
This may become like Star Wars and go to six if it keeps printing money like it has. Of course, the Star Wars films were always meant to be more than a trilogy.

Kuuchan 13-02-2007 05:58 PM

I read about it, but I think it's rather stupid...i hate the fact they did a new indiana jones after so many years, it would probz make me hate pirates afterwards. I love the first 2 parts and I'm so excited about the new one, but someday, it has to end ~ it's like lord of the rings...and I'm happy they didn't make a 4th one (if jrr tolkien had written 4 books)... well, nuff said. I would stick with 3 only...:icon_err:

Digital_Ice 13-02-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuuchan (Post 69681)
(if jrr tolkien had written 4 books)

he did. it was called "the hobbit"

DanMan 13-02-2007 09:36 PM

Actually J.R.R.Tolkein worte "The Hobbit" between the world wars.
It was successfull so he was asked to write more about hobbits.
The result after 10 years of writing was the Lord of the Rings,
intended to be one book like "War and Peace". The publisher
insisted it be broken into 3 books as they didnt think it would
sell as one. The Lord of the Rings didnt do all that well for nearly
20 years. It was popular on college campuses in the U.S.
in the 60s and 70s before most of the general public in the
States knew about it.

Digital_Ice 13-02-2007 10:28 PM

i never said it was a sequel. i was mearly pointing out there was a fouth book.

peach 16-02-2007 10:52 PM

Didn't Keira say she was tired of playing Elizabeth. So if she won't play her who would take her place then.

kingdumbass 17-02-2007 11:18 PM

That quote was never really confirmed....

KapiTa 18-02-2007 12:27 AM

I hope there will never be POTC 4. It will be like TV-series: some actors stay, some actors leave:dontknowa Same heroes with new faces. I don't really like that. I wish they stop and don't try to get more money until the parts of the film become awful.

Norseman 19-02-2007 12:49 PM

Why can't them just leave it as it is, good films. (I kinda take for granted that the 3rd will be as good as the other 2). Allways with the money...