Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira's Movies & Projects (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Jacket (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2863)

Immortal 19-08-2006 10:18 AM

The Jacket

I thought it was a great movie, too bad i didnt see it from the beginning. I liked the story alot. Who else liked The Jacket?

kingdumbass 19-08-2006 10:52 AM

I thought it was an OK movie....
The first time I saw it, it blew my mind, but in subsequent viewings, I found it to be kind of boring.

2 out of 5.

Immortal 19-08-2006 11:06 AM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/jscro/stfu1.jpg

LOL, just playing

KeiraZone 20-08-2006 01:34 AM

Yeah I think it's boring either. Actually, I think the best movie apart from PoTC that Keira's ever taken part in as the main actress is Pride And Prejudice, don't you think?

CountryTomboy91 20-08-2006 01:57 AM

I'd love to learn more about it. Can someone explain it in better detail than "A guy in a straight jacket visits the future" or whatever those crappy descriptions on imdb and msn say? Id appreciate it much!

Immortal 20-08-2006 05:15 AM

I dont know how to explain it but *Spoilers ahead* his character is a Gulf War Veteran and he has died i think 3 times, and he remembers his death. (Dont know how to explain.)

calereneau 20-08-2006 02:10 PM

Adrian Brody - Gulf War Veteran. "Dies" in Gulf War, but is revived. Has post-traumatic stress disorder and forgets many events. Accused of murder but cannot remember if he did or didn't. Put in mental institution. Experimented on with drugs that allow him to travel forward in time where he meets Keira Knightley.

i'm 99% sure this has been discussed elsewhere.

Hazzle 20-08-2006 07:05 PM

Crap film. Bloody godawful pap. Shame really.

Foeni 20-08-2006 07:47 PM

You really should try and use the search facility Immortal.

http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/sh...ghlight=jacket

CountryTomboy91 21-08-2006 01:07 AM

Now that Hazzle has posted his opinion, it must be true.... lol. So the film is godawful?

I'd just like to see it just for keira being in it.... then, if it sucks, boycott blockbuster... damn them.
You know how they got "rid" of late fees???

Well, here in Montana, they still charge late fees, after running the banner saying they were abolished, and then said, nope they're still in effect here....
Solid gold S-H-I-TTTTT!

Movie Gallery is under construction... Blockbuster is the only option. THe plot sounds interesting enough, though.

Swordsman 21-08-2006 02:11 AM

Movie Gallery is quite the shitty video store.

Immortal 21-08-2006 03:13 AM

Foeni Please. I never knew there was one until that first time you posted.

Hazzle 21-08-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryTomboy91
Now that Hazzle has posted his opinion, it must be true.... lol. So the film is godawful?

You're learning fast ;). Yes, in my view, it's poor, and I could never bring myself to watch it again. Glad I watched it after my obsession with Keira died down, however, as I'd probably have forced myself to like it back then :p

Immortal: I think it was obvious you didn't know there was one, and Foeni was merely pointing out the search facility to you. In fact there's no excuse for not knowing there is one, you should pay more attention, and anyone with your post count should know. And yet Foeni was very polite and merely pointed it out to you.

Immortal 21-08-2006 01:51 PM

Hazzle did you read my post correctly? I simply said i didnt know there was one until he posted the first time.

Foeni 21-08-2006 02:00 PM

Well now you know. Use it before starting a new topic with a that high probability for being a re-post.

Can we get a lock, please?

Leonie 21-08-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foeni
Well now you know. Use it before starting a new topic with a that high probability for being a re-post.

Can we get a lock, please?

Just out of curiosity: who made you a moderator? And secondly: when did you become boss?

I'll do as I please, and I do not wish to close the The Jacket discussion topic.

However, offtopic:

Now, The Jacket. I had it somewhere, and watched the first half, and then I miraculously lost it. The first half wasn't impressive enough to make me want to see the rest so far.

CountryTomboy91 21-08-2006 03:55 PM

Keira said she de-glammed alot for this role, however, in the trailer and stuff she looked fine...
Now, she's an alcoholic, is that right?
So what's her story in this?

Foeni 21-08-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonie
Just out of curiosity: who made you a moderator? And secondly: when did you become boss?

I'll do as I please, and I do not wish to close the The Jacket discussion topic.

It was meant as polite request rather than command. I asked for it because I thought it would be appropriate since we do already have an open thread about The Jacket.
Besides, if I was a mod, why request a lock?

Jesus, take it easy.

Mandy 21-08-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryTomboy91
Keira said she de-glammed alot for this role, however, in the trailer and stuff she looked fine...
Now, she's an alcoholic, is that right?
So what's her story in this?

I'm pretty sure that's what it was. It's been a year or so since I've seen it and it was completely forgettable. I remember Keira having the SHITTIEST american accent.

Hazzle 21-08-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal
Hazzle did you read my post correctly? I simply said i didnt know there was one until he posted the first time.

Err. Yes. Hence why I said by "one" I presume you mean you didn't know there was a search facility? That's what I was getting at. It's obvious you didn't know or you wouldn't be posting another thread. Not unless you were a stupid cunt and we give you the benefit of the doubt on that score.

As I said, someone who's been around as long as you should know the search facility. It's not hard to find, in fact, it stares you in the face. Now if you use it and don't find a thread, and somehow one exists (odd use of capitalisation in titles or whatever) then that's fine, but you really should've known about the search facility. That said, now you know where it is.

Leonie: I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but technically Fo's an officer and as such doesn't "need" a mod badge as he outranks you ;). He didn't tell you what to do, he asked, and as the officers and mods work as a team, I don't see what he did wrong. It's his job to keep order and maintain the forums, and act as a mod without resorting to using powers. In fact the mods are technically no more than grunts to exert brute force to back up the officer's use of skill and diplomacy

ON topic: Mandy's right, the accent's terrible.