Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Question on London (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2720)

GoPre 10-07-2006 08:19 PM

Question on London

I've heard it's pretty damn expensive to live there which I'm sure is entirely true, but what I'm wondering is what you think would be a plausible yearly salary to cover the costs of living there.

duckula 10-07-2006 08:35 PM

Depends on what kind of life you are expecting to live. The highlife (posh central london flat, swank resteraunts, saville row tailors etc) then it's gonna be in the hundreds of thousands a year. Living on the cheap you could do it on 20 grand a year but it won't be glamourous.

Hazzle 10-07-2006 10:57 PM

£40,000 would probably see you into a comfortable middle ground between the two.

Lacy 22-07-2006 06:44 AM

I was looking into flats and the cheapest I could find was around 5000pounds a week, but according to yalls statistics I must have been reading wrong? I can't afford that so when I move to Europe I will most likely have to live in Ireland for a bit while I get my feet on the ground, then move to London.

Katielondon 22-07-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacy
I was looking into flats and the cheapest I could find was around 5000pounds a week, but according to yalls statistics I must have been reading wrong? I can't afford that so when I move to Europe I will most likely have to live in Ireland for a bit while I get my feet on the ground, then move to London.

£5000 a week:icon_surp , sure if only a penthouse in Mayfair or Belgravia will do.

Digital_Ice 22-07-2006 04:19 PM

£5000? holy crap... its usually 450 - 500. at least. the places im looking at are.

hasselbrad 23-07-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katielondon
£5000 a week:icon_surp , sure if only a penthouse in Mayfair or Belgravia will do.

She sub-leasing Keira's place whilst she's at Rupert's. :p

Hazzle 23-07-2006 10:39 AM

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?md5=...r_by=price+asc

Oh, and Ice, you sure you mean per week with that figure? Sounds more like a p/month figure. As does Lacy's (though it's still high).

Most places in the suburbs are £600-700 p/month for a decent place. Less if you share. Closer to the city you're talking maybe £800. £5,000 sounds like a penthouse.

apoggy 23-07-2006 11:43 AM

£5000 sounds more like a typo than a penthouse.

I just laugh at the cost of living in the south :P

Digital_Ice 23-07-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzle
http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?md5=...r_by=price+asc

Oh, and Ice, you sure you mean per week with that figure? Sounds more like a p/month figure. As does Lacy's (though it's still high).

Most places in the suburbs are £600-700 p/month for a decent place. Less if you share. Closer to the city you're talking maybe £800. £5,000 sounds like a penthouse.

oh, yeah, i ment per month. i didnt realise you were talking per week.... hang on 5000 a week?!?!! jesus.

Hazzle 23-07-2006 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apoggy
£5000 sounds more like a typo than a penthouse.

I just laugh at the cost of living in the south :P

£500 per week would still be shockingly high.

Andy the thing you need to remember is you get what you pay for. No such thing as a free lunch and all that. We could all move to the north and pay less to live but then the quality of our life would be equivalent to that of a dung beetle. What with Manchester particularly being a festering cesspool of human faeces :p.

Lacy 24-07-2006 10:51 PM

Wow big typo on my part, please excuse me. I meant 500 pounds a month :icon_surp Does anyone know how difficult it is to move to England? The one place I feel at home in is London and I want to move there as soon as I can get out of the godforsaken place they call the USA

Jacoby 24-07-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacy
Wow big typo on my part, please excuse me. I meant 500 pounds a month :icon_surp Does anyone know how difficult it is to move to England? The one place I feel at home in is London and I want to move there as soon as I can get out of the godforsaken place they call the USA

[sarcasm]Yeah, the USA is such a terrible place to live in.[/sarcasm]

I think it's about as difficult to move to any other country. How old are you Lacy? Because if you still have college to look forward to, I'd suggest just going to a school over there, or studying abroad.

Hazzle 25-07-2006 12:13 AM

£500 a month is quality. As long as the place is nice. That's only £6,000 a year so £20,000 job should do you nicely. But what Jake said (yes, yes, I know).

Lacy 25-07-2006 01:09 AM

Yes, I still have college to look to. I'm actually dreading it honestly :/ I really wanted to be a teacher but I want to move to London more so I need to figure out what I am going to do. Gah. I think I have to go to college in the US don't I, or atleast it would be a heck of a lot cheaper...I'm not sure...