All Right, Gamers....
I know that there must be a few on this forum....
Tell me -- what games are you playing now, and what are your favorites?
I'd have to say that my all-time favorite game is an RPG for the old 8-bit NES, called Crystalis. I still bust it out and play through about once a year or so. So far this console generation, Resident Evil 4 has impressed me the most.
Right now, I'm doing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Yes, I know it's old, but for some reason I never played through this one. It's good, but after San Andreas, nothing could really compete. I also just got done with Black, for the PS2. It sucked.
my favorite are all the final fantasy,total overdose,god of war and gta:san andreas!
Command And Conquer: Zero Hour, screwing around with the General Challenges because they're easy fun but still consumes some time. Also playing Knights of Lodis (GBA), racing a friend to see who finishes it first.
World of Warcraft.
I'm just getting into end-game stuff now. With this game Blizzard have created a seamless world where you can do anything you like. When you step back and look at the game they have made, you never cease to be amazed. And it only gets better the more you play. I currently play 6 characters - hunter, priest, druid, mage, warlock and warrior, and every class feels like playing a different game.
Aside from WOW, I play a bit of Battlefield 2 and a lot of serious flight simulation.
There's an end to MMORPGs? Or you mean finishing all the quests released so far (yay for countless expansions) and maxing out skills?
Strategy and FPS mainly;
Anything made by Valve (Counter Strike, Half Life, Day of Defeat)
Grand Theft Auto Series
Metal Gear Solid Series
Ratchet & Clank Series
Tomb Raider Series
Age of Empires Series
Call of Duty Series
Command & Conquer Series
Empire Earth Series
Max Payne Series
and a lot more.
Currently: Burnout Revenge.
Favourite all-time game was probably the old 2D Sonic series. It sorta went shit when they made it 3D but back in the 2D world it OWNED.
Half life 2
KOTOR 1 and 2 (knights of the old republic)
Rome Total War
Games I obsess over and should never play again:
Any sid meier game ever made
and hundreds more
Perfect Dark Zero (X360)
Wik: Fable of Souls (X360)
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
My favorite game of all time: Donkey Kong Country
The original N64 Perfect Dark game was fantastic, does Zero do it justice?
Favorite Games are...
Battlefield 2:Project Reality
Call of Duty 2
All games that I currently play and love.
The weapons are pretty amazing and the gameplay is fun. My only complaint is that some of the maps are ridiculously huge (to allow for 32 players) and can get kind of overwhelming at times. I prefer to play some of the round-based tactical games (like Counterstrike) so that way the levels are compacted.
Overall though, a great game. 8/10
I haven't been playing many games lately, i'm anti xbox so PS2 and GC don't have many good things coming out.
Ratchet & Clank
GTA, the third one is my favorite
Prince Of Persia
Shadow Of The Colossus
God Of War
Jak and Daxter, the first one
Devil May Cry, the first one
Wu Tang:Shaoling Style
The Legend Of Zelda, i'll play 'em all.
007:Goldeneye, my personal favorite game, N64
Currently I'm playing Katamari Damacy for PS2, Silent Hill 2 for PS2, and Resident Evil 4 for GCube. I submit that Katamari is the most addictive game ever. If you have a PS2 you need to get it (unless you really hate quirky Japanese culture.) Silent Hill 2 I bought when it first came out, but never beat it, so I'm playing through it again. Creepy stuff. I'm in the hospital right now with Maria. And Resident Evil 4 I've beaten countless times, but I play through it non-stop because it's one of my favorites.
As for my favorite games of all tizime: (I'll just do a top ten)
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Definitely the best game I've ever played. It will always be my favorite because it's the first game that really drew me in and that I actually cared about.This was the game that made me a nerd.
2. Resident Evil 4 - Cheesey action story and awesomely terrible dialog didn't get in the way of the superb game. I couldn't believe how this game held up, it looked amazing, it played flawlessly. I was pregnant after I completed the game, and I was bearing a little baby Salzibar. Don't worry, I had him aborted.
3. Super Mario 64 - Everyone knows why this game rocked, I won't waste time explaining.
4. Mario Kart - I have some good memories of hanging out with 3 of my friends from my street about 6 years ago. We'd play Mario Kart battles every day. Every fucking day.
5. Goldeneye - We'd also play Goldeneye every day. (I was the best at this game)
6.Shadow of the Colossus - This game is awesome. I love how it looks and feels, and it's short so you can play through and get the whole experience multiple times. The depth of everything seriously made my mouth water. How the bosses were 70 times your size and you had to bring them down. Oh man.
7. Metal Gear Solid - All of the series. Though the first one is my favorite. It's an awesome storyline with the coolest man every thought up. Clint Eastwood meets Plissken. Beautiful stuff.
8. Metroid Prime - Surprised everyone. It was funny how many jokes people made about how lame Metroid in 3d was going to be. And it completely rocked the shit out of everyone. God bless Retro studios.
9. Onimusha - The first one, especially. All the issen crap and the timing and the pretty scenes. Fun game. Samurai have a special place in my heart.
10. I'd have to say Paper Mario series or Katamari for the 10 spot. Paper Mario is an awesome RPG, perfect mario quirkiness with an interesting storyline and supporting characters. And Katamari for it's addictive gameplay.
the old streetfighter games for the old nintendo
Those are great games, too. I knew there'd be a lot I'd forget to mention. I need the anthology.
But Guile? He was the worst. I hated characters with the hold back then press forward special moves. "Hadoken!" is where it's at.
What Jake said.
Heh Cliff, Championship Manager. That game used to be fucking addictive. Zuma's terrible too. Fucking Yahoo arcade games are really hard not to get hooked on!
Nice call on KOTOR. I've got KOTOR 2 and it's quality.
I think anything by nintendo just goes without saying. And most games that I played on their consoles.
Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana/Evermore, Seiken Sendetsu 3, chronotrigger, illusions of gaia, street fighter, double dragon, contra, zelda, mario, f zero, shadowrun, earthworm jim, terranigma, metroid, killer instinct, amongst others.
Always preferred Sonic to Mario. Is that wrong?
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.