Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira Knightley Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Keira's Finest Role So Far (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2621)

Sundance 21-06-2006 01:11 AM

Keira's Finest Role So Far

For someone so young, Keira Knightley has already featured in a number of box-office hits and prestige films. The question I'm putting to you all: In which of these movies was she at her best?

(And maybe in a post you can tell us why.)

Note: You can vote for more than one.

Renegade 21-06-2006 01:27 AM

I liked her most in Beckham but I thought she was at her best in Pride & Prejudice.

Sundance 21-06-2006 01:36 AM

I agree with you Renegade. I think Keira was at her acting best in PRIDE & PREJUDICE. But...

... I loved her most in POTC. There's that one shot of her when she holds the medallion over the water and the pirates react. She crooks her head a little and gives a naughty smirk. Just one look. That's all it took.

michael22 21-06-2006 06:26 AM

Pure should have been added to that poll

Hazzle 21-06-2006 11:06 AM

The Hole. Sexy enough in that movie to make you cream your pants just by watching the screen. She's never quite managed to do that in any other film. Also a very complex character, done at a very young age.

Sandra 24-06-2006 10:48 PM

where is Pure?

Pure is one of her best films. It should be up there.

I voted for Zhivago. Masterpiece.

kingdumbass 27-06-2006 11:35 AM

She was quite luminous in Thunderpants....
But my vote goes to Domino.

Juliamariskamadadh 27-06-2006 01:55 PM

Come on she was even the narrator in Domino.(never seen pure)

deviljet88 27-06-2006 02:30 PM

Sure she was sexy (even if those breasts were nearly nonexistant) in The Hole, but acting wise, Thora Birch stole the limelight with an excellent portrayal that had the audience stunned with the finish (well me anyway, I haven't watched that many thrillers). Definitely Doctor Zhivago was a role she acted very well in... that last scene, emotional. I would've voted Pride And Prejudice as a second choice. The movie was very slick, and I guess since it's in an English setting, it was more natural for Knightley to perform in.

Hazzle 27-06-2006 05:15 PM

Thora Birch? WTF?! She was SHITE.

I predicted the end WAY before it happened. You really need to watch more thrillers. Thora Birch was the worst thing about that film, and I watched it as a Thora Birch fan. Oddly enough that film made me switch allegiance to Keira, and boy am I glad about that.

Frankie was the interesting character. There was depth to it, she struck you as a complete bitch and siren at first but then you realise that she's actually the sympathetic character. Birch was so shit you could tell she was a bitch even when she was trying to act nice.

hasselbrad 27-06-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzle
Thora Birch? WTF?! She was SHITE.

I predicted the end WAY before it happened. You really need to watch more thrillers. Thora Birch was the worst thing about that film, and I watched it as a Thora Birch fan. Oddly enough that film made me switch allegiance to Keira, and boy am I glad about that.

Frankie was the interesting character. There was depth to it, she struck you as a complete bitch and siren at first but then you realise that she's actually the sympathetic character. Birch was so shit you could tell she was a bitch even when she was trying to act nice.

What he said.
Except for the switching of allegiances...being in the Keira camp was what made me watch the film.