Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   KeiraKnightley.com & Forum Issues (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mods (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2605)

Hazzle 15-06-2006 10:20 PM

Mods

The Gaucho situation shows we clearly need more mods. No, I'm not angling for it myself, I've had it once and I was shit. Plus I already mod on another forum and I'm not sure I could do it even if I was offered it.

Anyway. Ducky's the only mod who I see online every day, Cliff's online pretty regularly, but Kelsey's on infrequently and Leonie's busy with moving across the globe :p. I'm not criticising any of these people, they all do a good job, especially Leonie, but they need help. Mags and Renegade are hardly around these days at all. Liam and Baz are around as often as they can, but it's not really their job, and I think we actually should have mods doing the basic clean up.

Based on that it seems to me we need probably another 2-3 mods to fill up the roles. Leonie'll end up being online in a different time zone so we need someone in central Europe (might I recommend Foeni?), someone in the UK (especially with Poggs AWOL at the mo too)...Ice would probably be a unanimous choice, and someone in the US (to cover for both Mags and Renegade being away). Might I suggest Brad for that, he's mature and around a lot. In fact, all three I've mentioned strike me as responsible, mature and regularly around.

Of course it's not my decision as to who's chosen, or how, or whatever, I'm just pointing out something I feel needs addressing and offering a potential solution.

Jacoby 15-06-2006 11:30 PM

I think we need to institute some ultra-violence . . .

barrington 16-06-2006 05:01 AM

Noted and taken into consideration.
There's going to be some new administrative deployment in the next week to cover KKW when I go on holiday. If anyone would like to put themselves forward for management, get in touch. It's only two weeks.

Hazzle 16-06-2006 07:16 AM

I'd volunteer but KKW being run by Haz would be a scary thought, even if it was just for two weeks :p

I take it you'd like to return and find that you still have members?

Hazzle 16-06-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flightfreak
I vote for ICE, he has experience with websites, is an native english speaker, he's not prejudiced, and he's online a lot.

For temp. Admin? Yeah, I was actually suggesting in IRC that maybe if Poggs is gone for a long time he might even be the person to step into that role. For all the reasons you said :)

Fo disagreed because he's a big fat girl.

Foeni 16-06-2006 10:17 AM

Nah, not jealous. I know I'm in no way fit to be an admin (have no experience with websites) and I'm sure I'm not even being considered for that :)
Seriously, I'm not against it - I think ice would be a good choice. I am, however, willing to help out where I can.

deviljet88 16-06-2006 10:42 AM

Digi ftw, one of the few people who can keep a level head on the forums.

Hazzle 16-06-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deviljet88
Digi ftw, one of the few people who can keep a level head on the forums.

Exactly. I think he's a unanimous choice, you'd struggle to find anyone who opposed it.

Ranman 16-06-2006 11:51 AM

Digital_Ice for God
Excellent choice for mod or higher
(psst ice you wont ban me right?)

However Brad is a horrible choice
He's republican slime
If he makes mod I will be forced
to hunt him down and kill him
Do you really want to feel guilty for his death

Hazzle 16-06-2006 12:25 PM

Yes, yes I do.

Digital_Ice 16-06-2006 02:00 PM

heh, i feel so loved...

calereneau 16-06-2006 02:31 PM

Well I HATE you!

Brad's a good choice...

Renegade 17-06-2006 05:28 AM

I'm sure Digital_Ice is very qualified. I'd also recommend Jacoby and Jet.

Just to mention, I'm not away. I actually do check out the forums everyday, even only for a brief period. I just don't post much.

Hazzle 17-06-2006 12:29 PM

Good to hear Rene!

Ranman 17-06-2006 02:39 PM

Foeni wants to recommended for something
How about Gay Boy of the year
Anyone second it?

Hazzle 17-06-2006 06:11 PM

Seconded, thirded, fourthed...I reckon we're unanimous on that one.

EmotionSickness 18-06-2006 12:07 AM

Ice, Brad, Foeni, or Jake would all be fine choices, I think.

Hazzle 18-06-2006 12:16 AM

Never really considered Jake. I agree with that choice too.

calereneau 18-06-2006 12:50 AM

Jake is the shiz.

Foeni 18-06-2006 01:07 AM

Shut up, will you? You've posted twice in this thread, both were to flame someone.