Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Muse (new album coming up etc) (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2473)

Leonie 10-05-2006 08:26 AM

Muse (new album coming up etc)

New single - anyone heard it yet? Supermassive Black Hole. Interesting.

I like the intro, but Matt sounds... he sounds like a girl! It's very danceable, which is good, I could stand listening to this in a club or something. It's not very Muse though. The high bits were always good because they were combined with the low ones and this is just... it sounds a little like a girl pop band.

Liam 10-05-2006 08:29 AM

I cant believe I paid for that. Its combining the worst of Muse with the 'best' (and I use the term loosely) of the fucking Black Eyed Peas.

Pure shit on every level. The rest of the album really needs to be brilliant to pick up the pieces from this train wreck. I'd listen to Beyonce if I liked this stuff. Yay sellout manufactured pop bullshit. They must be running out of underage groupies if they are putting stuff like this out.

Leonie 10-05-2006 08:32 AM

I like the song itself, but it's not what I expected from the new Muse. Pity.

Although, in true Muse style, I still can't hear what he's singing.

Mandy 10-05-2006 08:36 AM

I like the beat, but it's like....did they buy it off Girls Aloud?

Oencross 10-05-2006 08:58 AM

I don't know what I really think of the single. It sounds pretty damn horrible. It's a combination of pop beats and an occasional guitar, not to mention the extra high, almost Cher like voice.

I've heard bad, but this isn't so much bad as it is annoying. I can see it being played at some "hardcore" club, where people think they are far too "hard" to listen to regular pop music.

I hope that Muse decides to send out a letter explaining this utter shit.

Leonie 10-05-2006 10:58 AM

The artist formerly known as Matt... :icon_lol:

deviljet88 10-05-2006 12:15 PM

I was just keeping my eyes on RHCP's Stadium Arcanium which is coming out in one week or so and possibly Audioslave releasing an album soon, but thanks for the heads up on Muse... though, wow. In a way it's hella catchy, but I was hoping for some guitar/piano skill. From the title, it just looks like one of those 'rare' songs that scammers try to get you to download when it's just a renamed file... But hm, weird, I'm astounded.

Edit: Hmmm... the opening, the first 3 seconds, that beat thingy which they repeat throughout the song... is it just me, or that's the exact same sound Eminem used on one of his newer tracks... I'm trying to remember the name but if anyonelse can recall/confirm?

Double Edit: Ooh got it. Eminem's Just Lose It. Listen to the start of both of the songs and you'll see what I mean.

Liam 10-05-2006 12:19 PM

It came from muse.mu, and its been played on the radio overseas apparently.

Its officially a single from the album, but that doesnt change the fact that its shit.

Jacoby 10-05-2006 03:37 PM

I freaking TOLD you guys about Muse.

Don't worry. The new Radiohead will pwn.

Katielondon 10-05-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deviljet88
I was just keeping my eyes on RHCP's Stadium Arcanium which is coming out in one week or so .

its out over here already, personally as a long time fan i have to say brilliant album,a little softer in places but so many cool funky songs too, kind of like taking the best sounds from BSSM and By the Way.

Liam 10-05-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoby
I freaking TOLD you guys about Muse.

Pff. New Slayer will pwn.

Mandy 11-05-2006 12:12 AM

Pshhh MY album will pwn.

king arthur 11-05-2006 12:14 AM

muse

I love Muse, but the new single is crap. Unfortunately, it's clear that their fourth album it's gonna be their worst one. (sorry for my english, I'm spanish).

Jacoby 11-05-2006 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoby

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam
Pff. New Slayer will pwn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
Pshhh MY album will pwn.

HA! You're all wrong. New Shins will pwn.

Mandy 11-05-2006 04:41 AM

Did you just tell yourself that you're wrong?

calereneau 11-05-2006 03:38 PM

Dude, the new JESUS will pwn.

He's been working on this one for centuries!!! It's sure to pwn.

calereneau 11-05-2006 03:46 PM

After listening to the song....hell, I like it! Sure it's not the typical Muse sound, but it's a cool dance song. I'm still holding out hope for the album, hoping that it doesn't all sound like that. Talk about abandoning your fans....

acliff 14-05-2006 10:26 AM

i suppose i'm one of the few who really like it...
But then to be fair, I can tolerate Girls Aloud.