Keira Knightley.com Forums

Keira Knightley.com Forums (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keira Knightley Discussion (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dornan Still Talking About Keira.... (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2471)

kingdumbass 10-05-2006 05:45 AM

Dornan Still Talking About Keira....

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed....her_10_05_2006#

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY's former lover JAMIE DORNAN has cashed in on their romance by writing a song about the British actress. The Irish model enjoyed a two-year romance with the PRIDE + PREJUDICE beauty, but bailed when her escalating fame put pressure on the relationship. He says, "The song hurts so much when I sing it. I'm in so much pain afterwards. "It's about the difficult times in a relationship, everyone has them - I still speak to Keira, we were so in love." Of his failed relationship with Knightley he says, "I was intimidated by certain things that came with her fame and I began to feel out of my depth. "It's still hard to talk about."
10/05/2006 02:48

Blah blah blah blah....
Dude, quit being a putz. That's MY job.

BrunoJA 10-05-2006 02:01 PM

"The song hurts so much when I sing it. I'm in so much pain afterwards."

I actually feel a little bit sorry for this guy.

A little. At the end of the day, he still dated her for two years. So, in theory, he should be able to die happy.

I'll be interested to hear what the song's like, though lol

Pearl 10-05-2006 02:46 PM

I can imagine it'd be hard to say: Yeah, I used to date Keira Knightley, now I'm dating the girl from the burger joint. But atleast she doesn't make me feel intimidated!

What a loser.

Jacoby 10-05-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Dornan
The song hurts so much when I sing it...

I'm sure it hurts a lot of other people, too, you talentless prick.

Pearl 10-05-2006 03:52 PM

Clearly he's trying to cash in on being Keira's ex. The jackass dumped her because he was jealous of her.

BrunoJA 10-05-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl
Yeah, I used to date Keira Knightley, now I'm dating the girl from the burger joint.

Lindsay Lohan, the girl from the burger joint...it's all the same lol

The guy's just rather pathetic.

kingdumbass 10-05-2006 06:20 PM

This is what ananova.com says:

"Dornan has written a song, called Only On The Outside, to express his feelings. It includes the lines: "I can see your fancy friends trying to steal your innocence... you're so weak around them." "

BrunoJA 10-05-2006 06:25 PM

Interesting...but doesn't he have fancy friends trying to steal his innocence, too? lol

kingdumbass 10-05-2006 06:43 PM

Actually, maybe this guy isn't so bad....
Perhaps he can offer us honest, insightful commentary as Hollywood destroys Keira Knightley.

BrunoJA 10-05-2006 06:46 PM

Great.

Pearl 10-05-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdumbass
This is what ananova.com says:

"Dornan has written a song, called Only On The Outside, to express his feelings. It includes the lines: "I can see your fancy friends trying to steal your innocence... you're so weak around them." "

Sounds kind of insulting. But meh, there has to be more too it.

JacK of all trades 12-05-2006 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdumbass
Actually, maybe this guy isn't so bad....
Perhaps he can offer us honest, insightful commentary as Hollywood destroys Keira Knightley.

...Nothing will destroy KK whilst I am around...:read:

kingdumbass 12-05-2006 07:15 AM

You can hear the song in question here....

http://www.popworldpromotes.com/page...2-34C2B1F0BA10

It's not a bad song. Not GREAT, but not bad, either.

Leonie 12-05-2006 08:55 AM

Awesome song. I love it. Nice and mellow. If Muse turned out this way I could live with it more than with their new trippy girlband image :icon_bigg

Now I'm going to say something a lot of you might take offence from. I think I can see Jamie Dornan's point here. It looks like Keira has been pulled in by Hollywood. Plus, it looks a bit as though she's got her career planned down to boyfriends and any other kind of exposure. She seems like a project to me these days, not the laid back London girl with a sense of humour she once had. Pity.

"Was it faith, was it true
Was I only on the outside
Every time
You smiled that way at me
Was I close, was I near
Was I only on the outside?"

If I compare the Keira in interviews these days to the Keira from the very beginning, before Pirates, before all that... she seems to try so very hard to charm everyone: smile, giggle, blush on cue. I have lately had real trouble believing this image of herself she is portraying. It's a real pity that she seems so thought up and planned these days, like there's a strategy at the root of everything she does.

Just my two cents. Still think she's OK, but I much preferred Keira three years ago.

kingdumbass 12-05-2006 09:08 AM

I can't help but feel a little bad for him now....
Damnit. Must remember...that he's...exploiting...his and her pain. Arrg! Must fight it.

Anyway, there must be something about Keira, in general. This Jamie dude's still thinking about her, and I remember reading that her other ex-boyfriend, Del Synot, attempted suicide after their breakup. Now, I know that they both denied it, but...you know. She's doing something to these guys, man! She's the type of chick who gets into a dude's brain, and destroys him. That kind of love is a cancer on the soul of all men. We can't cope with it. Resist the siren! Don't look directly into her eyes!

Idle 12-05-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonie
If I compare the Keira in interviews these days to the Keira from the very beginning, before Pirates, before all that... she seems to try so very hard to charm everyone: smile, giggle, blush on cue. I have lately had real trouble believing this image of herself she is portraying. It's a real pity that she seems so thought up and planned these days, like there's a strategy at the root of everything she does.

Could you give some specific examples?
Because if you compare, say, her Leno appearance promoting Pirates in 2003 with the recent Isaac interview I really don't see much of a difference.

Pearl 12-05-2006 07:12 PM

I kind of feel his pain now. Keira is ruled by hollywood nowadays after all. He sounds like he didn't feel like he was good enough for her.

But it's wrong to exploit your ex like that for fame and fortune. Also the song sounded somewhat bitter towards her.

Jacoby 12-05-2006 07:34 PM

Eh, I thought the song was pretty lame. The description of the band was pretty dead on. Folk with a 'commercial' edge.

Not the worst stuff out there, but there's so much of the same right now.

fandekeira 12-05-2006 07:38 PM

i agree wth leonie about jamie but about keira attitude i cant cus i didnt really know her before potc i only know her well for 2 years!

BrunoJA 14-05-2006 06:11 AM

Ah, kingdumbass...so true.

But I'm not really sure what you're talking, Leonie...